Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 896.

• Patience, people. I doubt arcade projects are anyone's sole means of income, nor are they the thing people spend all of their free time on. A few months without an update = dead project? I personally don't have time to devote to producing these and providing support for others to purchase, so that's where I am at the moment. I offered it to @Darksoft who I'm sure is also a busy person. We should be thankful anyone wants to work on these projects at all, in their own time, and make them available…

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from winteriscoming: “I don't know a lot about the IO in WMMT. By default it doesn't meet the requirements for OR2. There are jumpers on it, but not sure what they do. OR2 wants a 2P configuration, and it's 1P for WMMT. If you're not interested in keeping the WMMT3 motherboard, I might be interested. ” I think I have a deal set to trade for a second Chihiro Type 3, that way I can link my cabs. If it falls through I'll let you know. I have pretty much zero interest in W…

• I don't know a lot about the IO in WMMT. By default it doesn't meet the requirements for OR2. There are jumpers on it, but not sure what they do. OR2 wants a 2P configuration, and it's 1P for WMMT. If you're not interested in keeping the WMMT3 motherboard, I might be interested.

• That isn't a Sega FFB in the BYOAC thread as far as I'm seeing. It's just the direct drive DC motor setup where you change DC polarity to reverse directions. I'm curious how available the controller boards are for these Sega motors. They're not DC motors, so will require at least some dedicated hardware, like the board you're referring to. Either of the MIDI or RS422 boards are prevalent enough that getting into driving them with a cheap Arduino is not out of the question. That's basically what …

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from freddiefiasco: “The universal wheel adapter for a G27 might be the most feasible option. It will really just be to replace the G27. ” I think someone already figured out how to adapt a logitech wheel to an arcade FFB motor... the question is if they adapted it to YOUR arcade FFB motor.forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,113040.0.html the driving/racing forum on BYOAC is the best resource on the web for getting arcade driving controls working with a PC…

• It's all the variations that make things complicated for sure. Is it a bi-directional protocol (i.e. the protocol is a series of commands and replies)? Are you converting from one bi-directional protocol to another bi-directional protocol? That's where things get especially complicated. You have to read in the command from the source, translate it to the command for the destination, potentially deal with any replies back to the destination (if needed), and then send a reply back to the source (w…

• I've done a lot of work logging the protocol for the Sega MIDI force feedback system, and am working on a translator for other arcade games. I also have the means of using my driving cab's controls as a PC controller by way of my custom MEGA JVS I/O board. @invzim makes the JVS-PAC and might develop one that support analog, which would be an option for easily interfacing cab controls with a pc. For any force feedback integration, it's going to be a matter of interfacing and translating from one …

• I think I'm finished with the ID4-5 card emulator script. I have not had any failures on ID4 and 5 with the testing I have done. If anyone wants to test, let me know. You would need a serial adapter to go from the port on the Lindbergh to the port on the PC running the script (i.e. I use a TU-S9 USB adapter on my laptop). I haven't tested to tell if RTS/CTS are needed, but the physical card reader has them and I incorporated them into my adapter. Basically you need an adapter that does this: PC …

• Does anyone know if there is variety in the avatars in ID5? I keep getting the same male and female. In ID4 I see at least 2 variations of male and female. I have played around with variables on the new cards a little bit, but haven't come across anything with observable impact.

• Limited testing so far makes me think I am successfully generating usable new card files. ID4 is not complaining. I am randomizing bytes that appear different on the cards I have analyzed. I don't know for sure what some of the variables are except for the ID code used in the authorization process. At worst a card could be generated that is invalid, but it hasn't happened in about 5 tests so far.

• I think I figured out the bytes in the header data that identify the card as either Export or JP. I was able to get Export ID4 to load up JP ID5 card data and it had to read the first chunk of body data to know it was data from the wrong game, whereas it was rejecting it based on header data previously. The real benefit in having this information is that it can be used for generating new card files for the appropriate region. My hope is that you'll just specify a new card filename like you do wi…

• Go for it! The worst case scenario is putting together wiring adapters. Best-case is you get a yet to be released custom JVS I/O. Look it up, but FZero might use a Sega Type 1 I/O. If so, it would be compatible with the I/O I've been working on (turned over project to darksoft). I just kind of wonder if the wheel's vertical movement would be distracting in other games. I would also be curious about the turn radius, but that wouldn't be as big of a deal. I can't recall if that would have a Type 1…

• One test I did in ID5 was to stop the script during a race. The race finished normally and an error didn't come up until after. However nothing showed in the test menu as an option to restore the card. I guess corruption would have to be introduced at some point after the card has been read in correctly. I was looking over header data from the single ID5 and ID8 cards I have. More than just the ID codes are different, but I don't know how that data is getting used. I have a theory that some of i…

• It's a shame that so much dedicated hardware has to go into linking ID7/8. Not that Sega cares, but it complicates home use. I suppose I will have to temper any hopes of eventually linking a pair of ID7/8, and stick with older linked driving games.

• Quote from freddiefiasco: “Quote from winteriscoming: “I put together a blank ID4 US card based on my logs. I edited the ID code to be FF FF FF FF and successfully simulated purchasing a new card with data written to my card file! The game does not appear to care about the ID. It doesn't appear to be informing any kind of stored checksum or anything, so the good news is that a random ID should be possible in order to make unique cards. This will be needed if it turns out the game tracks cards ba…

• I put together a blank ID4 US card based on my logs. I edited the ID code to be FF FF FF FF and successfully simulated purchasing a new card with data written to my card file! The game does not appear to care about the ID. It doesn't appear to be informing any kind of stored checksum or anything, so the good news is that a random ID should be possible in order to make unique cards. This will be needed if it turns out the game tracks cards based on ID. If it doesn't care about multiple cards with…

• Success! I have successfully saved updated card info from ID4 and loaded it back up without error. That was a major milestone. A few more goals: 1. Test if ID code can be changed to generate new cards. 2. Get script to load blank card from hopper - game does not allow blank card entered into the front for new games. 3. See if game is tracking counters or if they can always stay full.

• So my understanding of the writing procedure is a little off. I was assuming the 8D command set a specific position: 02 09 D1 00 00 00 8D 00 0C 03 5A So I would set the current position to 0C (offset: 0x60). However, what actually seems to be happening is that the variable sent in this command is supposed to increment the current position by that amount. So if my current position is 5D, then the command is telling me to set the position to x5D + x0C = x69 - or offset: 0x348 So the reply would be…

• The issue doesn't appear to be related to counters, but I will have to do some analysis of logs to tell for sure. I have implemented counter decrement into my script. My assumption at the moment is that there is a bug in the way I am saving data. I think the way I am sending data is OK because I can get the game to load a simulated card. Unfortunately these games take forever to boot, so testing is slow...

• Quote from freddiefiasco: “Quote from winteriscoming: “I have reconstructed card data from my logs from ID5 into a card file and can pass all tests in the test menu. I also successfully booted the game with the card data file and it loaded up without error. Something is happening in-game when trying to end and eject the card. I haven't gotten to look at why, but it looks like it goes through several cycles of writing the card and then gives an error. Inserting the newly saved card results in an …