What's new

ArcadeTV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky and got my hands on this chinese MVS repro-cart.
The PCB is very small which would dramatically cut down production costs once someone figures out the code on the 2 CPLDs ^^
wink @Darksoft
my project-idea would be to reproduce these.

GAROU_REPRO_AA6105A_PARTSSIDE_WITH_PARTS_PCBSCAN_ATV.jpg

GAROU_REPRO_AA6105A_SOLDERSIDE_WITH_PARTS_PCBSCAN_ATV.jpg

GAROU_REPRO_Three-A_Borad_T320305_PARTSSIDE_WITH_PARTS_PCBSCAN_ATV.jpg

GAROU_REPRO_Three-A_Borad_T320305_SOLDERSIDE_WITH_PARTS_PCBSCAN_ATV.jpg

I made some scans after I cleaned the PCBs, also took some photos, see here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115948745418514736250/MVSGarouRepro?authuser=0&feat=directlink

That is interesting. It has very few components. Everything is obviously hand-soldered which is not difficult with those packages. Looks like the Altera is programmed from the P2 connector?

Yes, both PCBs have JTAG-connections. I'm tempted to hook it up to my Altera-USB-Blaster and see if the guys who flashed these CPLDs forgot to set the fusebits ^^
I will send it over to Darksoft.

That is interesting. It has very few components. Everything is obviously hand-soldered which is not difficult with those packages. Looks like the Altera is programmed from the P2 connector?
They are programmed using JTAG from those 6 holes connectors that you can see on the side. You stitch your programmer there and program the CPLD quick. :D

Yes, both PCBs have JTAG-connections. I'm tempted to hook it up to my Altera-USB-Blaster and see if the guys who flashed these CPLDs forgot to set the fusebits ^^
I will send it over to Darksoft.
If you can read that out, you'll make my day :)

Thanks to the german post-officers on strike the package with the cart came back to me 2 days ago :(
I'll send it again so you can do your magic.

My System 246 I/O (that I/O on the picture is actually for 246 and so is pictured metal casing) has blown inputs and I suspect it's the Altera chip that is faulty. So that subject is of extreme interest for me.

Back