What's new
darksoft? Is it still possible to get a USA only boot cart? :)

I can convert them for you. If you have a cart already I can do it for a fee. I don't currently have any repros with me now though.

Hi everyone. I finally got around to testing my repro cart and the results are not good.

The cart boots fine up to the region select menu. When I go to choose my region, everything freezes and it's stuck on the region select menu. I know it's not my CPS3 board since I have another cart (converted) I am using and it works just fine.

Do I need to re-flash the game if I'm using a totally different cart?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Yes of course, you need to reflash the game using the CD Version for Standard SH2!

When you power on, notice the text saying "PRESS 1P FOR DARKSOFT MENU". From there you need to choose a new game.

Yep. Freezing means you loaded a game using the wrong CD. The repro cart needs the standard CD.

And that's why I deserve the "Beginner" tag, lol. Thank you for the clarification, gentlemen.

Cheers!

No, but you can burn anew CD and play it like the original

So can I modify my existIng, say, Warzard ISO (ripped from my own disc) in some way and burn that? If so, where can I find the tools?

No. You have to use the Warzard on the SuperBIOS CD as it is decrypted already.

is there a reason you want to use the og CD

Yeah I just want to be able to keep it as stock as possible - getting rid of suicide carts on CPS3 seems wise but using the original CD would be nice?

Back