What's new
I made poverty label in photoshop when I decided to spend the money to make this cart. Picked up some label paper and did a test print. I only have an inkjet so it's not the best. Didn't spend the time to cut it out nicely since the color is not quite there but here it is.

7wXw5qF.jpg

I made the label in an evening and I mostly just modified cart scans. I'll post the psd for it after I finish cleaning it up, labeling, and grouping layers. It's not a real template or anything though and not very accurate to a real label. It's not vectorized either.

e: here's the psd

https://www.dropbox.com/s/843mewec9hmozc7/cvs2labelfinal.psd?dl=0

Last edited:
Another question, concerning MetalliC's mod of MvC2 with all the character's unlocked. Would it be possible to mod a single eprom on a genuine MvC2 cart to have all those character's unlocked by default?
That was the next thing I was going to do, was gonna seperate both and diff the files.

e: Is it just IC22 that was modified? I guess that would explain the file name. That makes it super easy, just pull the socketed eprom and erase it/reprogram it if your programmer can do 42pin eproms.

I made a video comparing cf vs battery vs cart booting times, cart gets in game before the dimm finishes checking memory. I'm not sure if it's $300 nice if I factor in the cost of a programmer/cart/proms, but I needed a programmer anyway..

Nice comparison, particularly interesting seeing the battery boot time.

Would be cool if you added netdimm booting as well, as I'm pretty sure it loads much more quickly than CF.

Yeah I made myself a battery pack for my dimm so I decided to throw it in there. I don't own a netdimm so that's why it's not there.

Thank you so much for the comparison video!
Yup 22 seconds Vs over 1 min... To all the people who said "netdimm is good enough" still think so?

I ain't got time to screw around, when I wana game I wana game right f'n now... No exceptions no excuses.

PS I didn't' forget to get pictures, I just had to work late last night. They are still inbound. :)

Yup 22 seconds Vs over 1 min... To all the people who said "netdimm is good enough" still think so?
to be fair. even a multi-cart will take longer than 22 seconds as you'll have to transfer the game from the SD card into memory before that 22 second load time starts.

also I believe there is a modified dimm firmware that someone was working on that removed the additional verification step that should make CF/Net Boot games load similar to the battery setup. with those two things in mind the time difference may end up being negligible

My biggest problem with GD/CF/NetBoot games is the lack of any score tracking, sadly the cart conversions don't seem to resolve that :-/

It's more a game thing, like netbooted Outrun 2 will still save times if you have battery iirc. CVS2 even wipes scores if you go into test mode and back into the game. I guess they were more like high scores of the day.

It's more a game thing, like netbooted Outrun 2 will still save times if you have battery iirc. CVS2 even wipes scores if you go into test mode and back into the game. I guess they were more like high scores of the day.
classic games like pac-man did that but only because they didn't have reasonable access to non-volatile memory (either too costly or too difficult to implement). But many of those old games now have high-score save kits to "fix" that problem.

it's weird to me that games in the early 80s had that issue, then they fixed it in the late 80s through early 90s and then broke it again in the late 90s when they decided to start loading whole games into memory.

the G-Net has the same issue and it bugs me to no end.

the G-Net has the same issue and it bugs me to no end.
The G-NET actually has an optional Save-PCB which enables hi-score saving.
http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=76758&title=taito-gnet-pcb-mb2011
yeah I have one, but I believe it only saves the scores as long as those caps remain charged, which isn't very long. and they get wiped out if you change games.

It's annoying with a game like Ray Crisis which allows you to continue progress across plays.

nice. as was expected it uses M4-type board, from Melty Blood Actress Again, which is 6x 512mbit flash roms = 384MB. more than enough for CVS2 and MCV2, there about 100MB free space left.
high likely it was reprogrammed in soft way - using special software for Naomi and data supplied from PC via serial link.
not sure why IC14 rom was soldered, perhaps it was bad/broken in origin cart.

Thank you for the pictures @jassin000

@MetalliC I agree I also think it has been modded using software upload.

Compared to an MBAA cart it looks like IC 11 has been moved to IC 14.

edit:
@jassin000 how do you select between the games ?

Last edited:
iirc doesn't he use a custom bios eprom and you just use the naomi dip switches?

Back