What's new

juicelink

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello !
My name is Julien.
I like arcade games since very long time and I have discovered this forum recently.

I have a Blast City Cab with CPS1, CPS2, Atomiswave, PGM games.
And many consoles (SEGA NINTENDO SNK...).

I 'm game developer and I prepare an arcade fighting game based on Dragon Ball Z serie, I hope to make a jamma plug and play device, I will keep inform about this on this forum and make a work in progress thread.

Jul

I 'm game developer and I prepare an arcade fighting game based on Dragon Ball Z serie, I hope to make a jamma plug and play device, I will keep inform about this on this forum and make a work in progress thread.Jul
Nice! what hardware?

Welcome!

63583568787148742158166437_tumblr_lhljxzqyGr1qg9871o1_500.gif

Salut Julien, j'ai vu il y a peu des PCB jamma "vierge" pour réaliser ses propres jeux. Je ne suis pas un expert en dev, mais si ça peux t’intéresser, je te ferai quelques photos. Et oui, quand je dis "j'ai vu" je veux dire que je les ai vu dans mes mains dans une boutiques pas loin de là ou je réside en ce moment.

I've seen recently some jamma "dev" PCBs, with no chips on it. I guess those are boards to make your own game. If you are interested i can take a couple pictures and somes infos.

Salut ! merci pour l'info par contre j'ai peur que ce genre de pcb ne dispose pas d'un processeur suffisamment puissant pour faire tourner le jeu.
J'ai commandé un ce type de matériel et je ne sais pas encore si cela va être suffisant : microPC

hi ! thanks for the tips but I think that this cpu pcb haven't enough power to run the game correctly.
I ordered this PC but I don't know if it enough powerfull : picroPC

A Taito TX2 port would be interesting... You don't need to care much about the hardware then

Salut ! merci pour l'info par contre j'ai peur que ce genre de pcb ne dispose pas d'un processeur suffisamment puissant pour faire tourner le jeu.
J'ai commandé un ce type de matériel et je ne sais pas encore si cela va être suffisant : microPC

hi ! thanks for the tips but I think that this cpu pcb haven't enough power to run the game correctly.
I ordered this PC but I don't know if it enough powerfull : picroPC
When i say "without any chip" i mean, there is absolutly nothing on the PCB except traces. I really don't know how it can be used, but i guess you can do wonders with that, if you know how to populate it.

About your PC idea now, the CPU and 4gb would be ok to make a linux based interface for a good multigame IF you don't expect to run CAVE or 3D stuff.

I mean, the best CPU on this (quad core) may be enought, but the intel integrated won't give you much, unless you can code a good driver for it.

Try to find something as powerfull as the J1900 (something like Intel c2d E6400 or Athlon II X2 250) and test if the game you want works fine. AFAIK, they are a bit short with the biggers CAVE shmups.... Those need 3Ghz+ Core 2 Duo cpus.

Also, i would recommand checking for a mini ITX board for i3 and bigger Intel pentium.It will give you more power, and cheaper price that aliexpress's mini-PC

Last edited:
Back