What's new

Joko3

Enlightened
Reaction score
My setup is a Jasen's Customs MK31 ADCAP supergun going into a XRGB mini. For controls I gutted out a Sega HSS-0130 dual arcade stick. Replaced the LS-32 sticks with Sanwa JLF sticks (had to cut the inside brackets on the stick to allow them to fit), and the crap Sega buttons with standard Sanwa 30mm. The sticks also have the 2lb springs as well as aluminum ball tops, very heavy feel. Everything is wired to PS360+ circuit cards fitted with Jasen's Customs DB15 adapters. I chose this setup because the PS360+ allows me to use the stick on my PS4 as well as mod friendly to use on Saturn (which I have not done yet) in addition to hooking up to the supergun. The fourth button on the top row is the same exact button as the first on the bottom row. This allows for easy switching between four and six button games. I don't have the pic handy to show, but on the backside two holes were drilled on each side. One for an extra button (the "option" button on a PS4) and one for the USB and RJ45 cables to come out. The DB15 cables come out where the Saturn cables used to come out. Also, the two Jasen's Customs DB15 adapters are sitting where the PCB for the start buttons used to sit. I'll post additional pics when I'm home from deployment (currently writing this at sea believe it or not).

The NAOMI pictured is a NAOMI2 my brother got me for xmas a year ago. Both fans inside have been replaced, and a much quitter fan was put on the outside, although it does not fit flush as you can see. I'll take the hit over the extreme difference in noise though. The outside was all scratched up so I wet sanded it death and painted it black, with sanding between layers.

The MVS you can kind of see under the plastic container is a 1 slot. I also own a CPS1, 2, and 3; however, I don't have the pictures handy as I'm actually out to sea on a Navy ship believe it or not.

Future of the setup: I want to get the Darksoft CPS2 multi, as well as upgrade my CPS3 with another 128mb SIMM (right now it's running a no-cart Jojo's Bizzare Adventure) as well as a cd drive (or the SD card setup if possible) so I can do the Darksoft setup (I got a Second Impact cart ready to donate to the setup). Also, I need to figure out how to make cables for the Saturn using the RJ45 jack on the PS360+ cards.

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to give suggestions for improvement.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 785
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 805
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 743
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 583
Looks good to me.. The books universal fighting board might have been a better solution than the ps360. My understanding is that for PS4 there is a time out on the ps360.. The brooks is a cat and muse thing with PS4 firmware upgrades and braking the brooks but the brooks guys release patches right away.. Also if you play PC arcade types with the brook board is pretty much plug and play as it sees the brook board as an Xbox one controller..

Looks sweet, I like the black paint scheme on the Naomi. Now you're gonna have to paint your carts to match.

I couldn't get the PS360+ board to work in a full PS4 mode, hit the button combo on start up and everything. I've played Street Fighter 5 and Skull Girls using the PS3 drivers, and had no delay problems what so ever that way. I stopped playing Guilty Gear Xrd (just too many damn things going on at once) so not having true PS4 mode stopped being an issue for me. I still don't know why it wouldn't work in a PS4 mode though. When I get home I'll update the firmware and try again I suppose. I'd like to mess around with DOA5 Last Round with the stick. Not familiar with the Brooks board, but I'll definitely take a look at it.

Random side note: N64 in the pic was stolen by ex-gf. Decided to take off after I deployed, helped herself to the inside of my house, and cut off communication. The joys of military life : /

N64 in the pic was stolen by ex-gf. Decided to take off after I deployed, helped herself to the inside of my house, and cut off communication.
Thats cold brother; back in the day shit like that would have earned you a good beat down. But, no worries, Karma has a way of equalizing things.

Female behavior brother, nothing to do with you deploying..that is their nature..imagine if you would have been married and you own the place, now imagine if you had a child.. See, the way I see it you are one lucky man..someone is looking out for you..also thanks for serving man because God knows I would be pissing my pants if I did :D

N64 in the pic was stolen by ex-gf. Decided to take off after I deployed, helped herself to the inside of my house, and cut off communication.
Thats cold brother; back in the day shit like that would have earned you a good beat down. But, no worries, Karma has a way of equalizing things.
My thoughts exactly on the karma. My roommate, Yusuke, told me that when she goes back to Japan (she's on her last visa here) that most desirable Japanese men will want nothing to do with her after her living in the US for the last five years. Kind of makes me giggle. But, back to topic...if you ever want to do a NAOMI like I did mine I can point you in the right direction for doing the paint. The key is patience and lots of lots of sanding haha.

I couldn't get the PS360+ board to work in a full PS4 mode, hit the button combo on start up and everything. I've played Street Fighter 5 and Skull Girls using the PS3 drivers, and had no delay problems what so ever that way. I stopped playing Guilty Gear Xrd (just too many damn things going on at once) so not having true PS4 mode stopped being an issue for me. I still don't know why it wouldn't work in a PS4 mode though. When I get home I'll update the firmware and try again I suppose. I'd like to mess around with DOA5 Last Round with the stick. Not familiar with the Brooks board, but I'll definitely take a look at it.
Nice setup!

I swapped out my ps360+'s for a Brooks UFB's and have never looked back. You have to hold 3P to force xbox360 mode when plugging it into a pc, but otherwise it is plug/play. They have updated firmware within a day or two of any PS4 update, too. Great service, great product.

Nice set up. Cute puppy. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

your Boots look like they could use some Maintenance. ;)
kiwi-parade-gloss-shoe-polish-black_82-5030.jpg

Last edited:
Female behavior brother, nothing to do with you deploying..that is their nature..imagine if you would have been married and you own the place, now imagine if you had a child.. See, the way I see it you are one lucky man..someone is looking out for you..also thanks for serving man because God knows I would be pissing my pants if I did :D
I do own the place, but it's only my name on the mortgage :p. Still wouldn't make a divorce any less painful.

What stool/chair is that? looks super comfy.
It's from Ikea, don't remember the model. It's around $200. Unfortunately it is not adjustable in height, and with my table at it's lowest height it's not quite good for sitting down to play. I use it to put down one knee (or both) while playing, and use it as an ottoman when the table is put to the side.

Last edited:
do you really need the mk31 for your setup? I thought the main benefit of that (expensive) supergun, is the video processing part for people without rgb monitors. You don't need that if you use the xrgb, isn't it?

I don't necessarily need it, but it makes the whole setup for painless plug and play. I didn't know what my setup would consist of in the future so I decided to just buy something capable of almost everything and never have to mess with the Supergun side of the house ever again. Combining it with the XRGB makes the picture considerably better than say outputting component alone onto the HDTV.

The picture is quite amazing in person. Not quite as good as my old BVM20F1U; however, that thing was only 20 inches, impossible to find tech for if something broke (I practically had to beg an old school TV repair guy to even look at it one time), and not to mention the current setup looks way better as far as house styling goes.

Last edited:
very nice project!
Looking into doing the same for PS4 :)
Already have most parts except the Brooks PCB's

Last edited:
So far I've barely used this on PS4 which is why I'm just sticking with the PS360+ boards. Street Fighter 5 turned out not to be for me, and ASW games are a bit too much anime for my taste, so all I play is Skull Girls 2nd Encore once in a while. I gave both Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign a very fair shot, but after a month of messing with each I said "nah". With SF5 my problem was the incredibly forgiving controls (I input shoryuken not a super combo fireball dammit!), and lack of defense play options. For GGXrd my problem was the overwhelming amount of different mechanics, to me personally that amount of options is a huge mess. Never tried Blaz Blue, but from the looks of it they should pack in waifu pillows with every purchase. In any case, I'm sticking to the 90s classics for fighting games.

Back