What's new
I got my Simms in today. They look great. The pcb is a bit thinner then the og. I will have to find a way to fix that on my test mobo (my other mobo work fine). I just have to wait for my scsi2sd now to consolize this baby. Thanks again @Darksoft@'Mitsurugi-w' for getting these made.

How long does it take to adjust to not needing sea legs when you get back? Or are the ships large enough that you don't really notice the rolling when you are out there?
Only a few days to adjust. I've only been on destroyers and littoral combat ships and both get tossed around the sea like crazy during heavy sea states. You get used to stumbling around all day like you are smashed.

mukurofish i was on the stennis was you part of its support ships?

SIMM's came in last week but just got it going today. I have an exact 50/50 mix of OG 128mb & 64mb SIMM's with Darksoft's repro's. Works perfectly. This is my 2nd CPS3 board which started life off as a perfectly working NGE game. Here is a pic of it cooking up 3rd Strike using the repro cart and SCSI2SD. Thanks again Darksoft, Mitsurugi-w! Also a big shout out to @jassin000 and those that posted info on how to get SCSI2SD working for this purpose over at this thread!

IMG_1192.JPG

SIMM's came in last week but just got it going today. I have an exact 50/50 mix of OG 128mb & 64mb SIMM's with Darksoft's repro's. Works perfectly. This is my 2nd CPS3 board which started life off as a perfectly working NGE game. Here is a pic of it cooking up 3rd Strike using the repro cart and SCSI2SD. Thanks again Darksoft, Mitsurugi-w! Also a big shout out to @jassin000 and those that posted info on how to get SCSI2SD working for this purpose over at this thread!

IMG_1192.JPG
Beautiful setup :thumbsup: enjoy !!

Can I get in on this? Just picked up a CPS3 JoJo board that looks like it only needs 1 extra SIMM:

Attachments

• jojocps3.jpg
    jojocps3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 199
Got my SIMMs today

Some real tasty pieces of hardware. Replaced some bad sticks in my setup and away I went.

Thanks again Darksoft and Mitsurugi for putting in the time and getting these out!

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Cps3 setup (New Generation) and trying to confirm if it works at the moment (looks like it does but the cart is suicided)

I've got a 64mb (marked Prog), what I think is a 32mb marked snd (didn't realise you could also get 32mb, assumed there was only the 2 sizes) and 2 128mb marked CHR1 and CHR2

tl;dr have 1x64mb, 1x32mb and 2x128mb, I'm assuming I need 1x64mb and 2x128mb to use the multi BIOS, are these still available? :)

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Cps3 setup (New Generation) and trying to confirm if it works at the moment (looks like it does but the cart is suicided)

I've got a 64mb (marked Prog), what I think is a 32mb marked snd (didn't realise you could also get 32mb, assumed there was only the 2 sizes) and 2 128mb marked CHR1 and CHR2

tl;dr have 1x64mb, 1x32mb and 2x128mb, I'm assuming I need 1x64mb and 2x128mb to use the multi BIOS, are these still available? :)
Your assumptions are right. You need 2x128Mb and 1x64Mb. I got currently 2x128 left. I need to check if I have any 64Mb left. PM for more info.

Will do once I confirm the board and cart are working properly, thanks :)

If you are using a SuperBIOS cart you need the SIMMs for 3rd Strike regardless of the game you load.

Back