What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi all, I figure I'll do a wip of my consolize cps2. It will be a long process as I only have a few hours a week to work on this. Damn those kids, haha, I really do love them. Come join me on my journey won't you?

I have never consolized anything before, so this will be a learning experience for me. It will also show people that any fool can do it haha. I say I have average soldering skill as everything I know is self tought. I will be taking cue from Undamn ccps2 build

Parts list is as follow:
Working Cps2 a board
Power - old laptop brick, off the shelf dc-dc converter 5v fix and 12 adjustable (just what I had at my local electronic store)
Control - Undamn usb encoder
Video - Mikejmoffitt neovga (firmware update will make it compatible with the cps2)
Power jack (2.1mm)
On off switch
Female vga jack
24 awg flat cable
Uni bit
Jewelry saw (I will be doing most of the work at night when the wife and kids are in bed so a dermal is a no go :( )

Day 1
Remove audio amp and Install the dc-dc converter

Day 2
Install the video encoder

Day 3
Planning on finishing the power section, test fit the vga connector, and see if all is good

I got some more work done over Canadian Thanksgiving. Things are looking good so far. When I make my face plate, does anyone have any idea on how to mount those undamned encoders? I'm just using double sided tape for now as place holder.

No scanline

50% scan line

100% Scanline

Last edited:
good work man! You using this with the multi kit or actual B boards?

Actual b boards for now. I would like a multi kit. I can not justify the cost right now due to my crappy exchange rate and having to pay 12% tax on top of that. I need to sell some of my extra cps2 stuff, really.

Back