What's new
Just another clarification to make sure this is not mistaken as a hardware limitation. Do you think that I can't add support for ngdevteam games? That I don't have the knowledge?

Of course I can, but if the people of ngdevtem see their games pirated, they will stop making games and we will all lose, only Serantes the maker of NeoSD will win.
I do not think anybody here doubts your technical knowledge. That has been proven already. I support your decision of the multicart not working with new Neo Geo releases. They are protected anyway, and making them work would require and explicit desire to do so (adding more memory to fit the 1560Mb games, circumventing the protections, etc.). Same goes for the neosd guys. It seems their cart does not play any of the new games, except for Last Hope, which was never protected in the first place, therefore it has been bootlegged and is even on MAME.
Regards.
Don't get me wrong, what I was trying to say is that it would be doable, but I don't thing it's the right thing to do.

Just another clarification to make sure this is not mistaken as a hardware limitation. Do you think that I can't add support for ngdevteam games? That I don't have the knowledge?

Of course I can, but if the people of ngdevtem see their games pirated, they will stop making games and we will all lose, only Serantes the maker of NeoSD will win.
Apparently NeoSD is not going to support NGDev games either. They claim LH is on there because it's a conversion in Mame. There may be size/space limitations as well but I don't know the details of their solution well enough to comment on that.

That said... looking forward to the DS cart!!! I hope I can get in on the preorder :)
Well.... Mame supports it, fine, but there is a HUGE library and you show 10 games among them LAST HOPE?

81df12c63cb45f070471ae6e156aa83737141e75c8ee77bf938057e312b53495.jpg

Usually competition is good. Both parties will try to make it better.

BTW: I noticed the earlier mentioned Last Hope video (here) has been removed...

Indeed.

Competition can be good, so what I recommend you guys is wait to see what my cart can offer before buying a NeoSD.

Indeed.

Competition can be good, so what I recommend you guys is wait to see what my cart can offer before buying a NeoSD.
Agree, competition can be good, but in this case there is no competition.

Darksoft's multi:
Proven track record in developing multi kits/pcbs.
Untouchable technical support.
Technical experience/know how to select the best/cost effective hardware.
Elegance in your designs and implementation of same.
Ability to update/release future features.
You use know distributors for your hardware both in Europe and US.
Personal service and attention to detail.
(Darksoft sold me one of his personal complete and tested CPS2 kits when non were available to be had, and shipped it in time for xmas, amazing service)

Other guy's:
Dont know anything about them, no other proven designs/sales.
(Can anyone really say that they knew about this cart being made, that there was an open forum somewhere about it?)
No support forum
What seems to be an inferior design, 4+ minutes load time
Higher price point then darksoft and it does not come with a shell
No known distributors

Clearly my $$ goes to DS. Darksoft has always been upfront about everything he does and he gets the community involved in the process. He listens to all of us and tries to implement the best solution that will work for/please, if not all, most of us.

So please dont throw your money away on the other solution until Darksoft releases his, then decide which way you want to go.

Last edited:
//offtopic

@Darksoft Looking at the numbers on the interest check you will be accumulating a serious amount money. Please keep in mind this will draw attention of PayPal, if you are going to use PayPal that is. I have heard of people's account being frozen for same kind hardware sales. Don't know if you are aware, you probably are but at least I have told you upfront, just in case, you know.

//offtopic

@Darksoft Looking at the numbers on the interest check you will be accumulating a serious amount money. Please keep in mind this will draw attention of PayPal, if you are going to use PayPal that is. I have heard of people's account being frozen for same kind hardware sales. Don't know if you are aware, you probably are but at least I have told you upfront, just in case, you know.
You are right and thanks for info.

As they say.....been there, done that.

When I first released the STV Multi, I accepted payments from PayPal only, after a nice peak in payments, they froze my account, started asking for more and more information, beyond reasonable and finally they decided that they didn't like my business and froze forever my account. I only had one choice and it was to give back the money to everyone who bought one....
It was a real PITA if you ask me.

based off what i've read on both products so far, I have no doubt that darksoft is going to be putting out the superior product. seems like these guys just rushed in to try and get the 'first to market' bonus as quick as they could. if they're both priced similarly it seems like darksoft's is going to be the no-brainer choice

I will buy your product because it will be better, and because you are a great guy !
I have the Multi CPS2, Multi STV, and i use your atomiswave convertion, love your work, but you know that ;)

And you can add a continuosly improved menu as another advantage. I'll see if it's possible to make it open source so that everyone can customize it as they want even with your own background picture, etc.
That sounds great! Having the choice to customize is icing on an already excellent cake.(for the record, I'm also planing to buy your AES version too)I'm behind your multi carts all the way. :3 I'm eagerly awaiting for the preorders to open up!

//offtopic

When I first released the STV Multi, I accepted payments from PayPal only, after a nice peak in payments, they froze my account, started asking for more and more information, beyond reasonable and finally they decided that they didn't like my business and froze forever my account. I only had one choice and it was to give back the money to everyone who bought one....
Hello DS,
In relation to what you mentioned, if you do not accept PayPal what other means will one be able to buy your product? I thought I'd ask because that was how I was going to pay, at least... :/

I guess you can always choose the payment method of the European or American distributors (which may include Paypal)

//offtopic

Hello DS,
In relation to what you mentioned, if you do not accept PayPal what other means will one be able to buy your product? I thought I'd ask because that was how I was going to pay, at least... :/

I guess you can always choose the payment method of the European or American distributors (which may include Paypal)
Thanks for the reply deibit! That would make sense.It would seem we'll find out when the preorders open up. :D

I do have a question if it hasn't been asked already but does anyone know if DS mulit will be able to save high scores and dip switch settings when switching to the next four sets of games and after the system is turned off? :?:

Back