What's new
early bonus:
final Code #4 for MvsC2 Japan region, which seems was unknown until this moment -
enter Test Mode, then Game Test Mode, then Game Configuration. Move cursor to "TIMER SPEED". Press in order:
HP, LK, A1, HK, A2, LP.
Exit Game Configuration (Save & Exit).

note: first 3 codes must be already entered before
HOLY FUCK! IT WORKED :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just tried it on my Japanese ROM and now I have all the colors for every character!! I don't know if there is anything else unlocked but now it's complete and looks AWESOME! Thank you, MetalliC

for everyone interested: at this point we collecting pledges. please post here amount of $$ you wish to donate later.
if/when we win mentioned earlier NAOMI item you'll be provided info where to send PayPal/Gift.
so far we have:
Darksoft $100

@TopTierArcade
MvC2 have 4 unlock codes, they are different for NAOMI with US/Export or Japan BIOS, all 4 was known for US, but only 3 for JP.
actual hack for all chars unlock is done, now in testing stage...
$40
<strong style="font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">for everyone interested: [/b]at this point we collecting pledges. please post here amount of $$ you wish to donate later.
if/when we win mentioned earlier NAOMI item you'll be provided info where to send PayPal/Gift.
so far we have:
Darksoft $100

@TopTierArcade
MvC2 have 4 unlock codes, they are different for NAOMI with US/Export or Japan BIOS, all 4 was known for US, but only 3 for JP.
for everyone interested: at this point we collecting pledges. please post here amount of $$ you wish to donate later.
so far we have:
Darksoft $100

@TopTierArcade
Put me down for $40USD

thanks to everyone!

@TopTierArcade
welcome. wondering why back in the days Capcom released only 3 JP codes ?

I'm pretty sure known codes was published by Capcom itself, otherwise a person who was looking at game code will notice all 4 of them, like I did.

Last edited:
wow, been away a while and come back to find this!

Now that my netdimm died (keeps throwing error 22, so I've been told the buffer bit the dust. I reached out to mitsu to see how much repair would be. So long as the repair doesnt hurt me too bad, I'd still like to chip in for your time.

Thanks for making the hacks even though you lost the auction. I'm excited to give them a try tomorrow!

@Gakman pinging you in case you're not watching is thread, it would be nice to add these to your Mega repository since it has all the other NetBoot files

I think we should all still chip in. I can only see good things coming from that.

@MetalliC where should I send my $100 ?

Thanks for making the hacks even though you lost the auction. I'm excited to give them a try tomorrow!

@Gakman pinging you in case you're not watching is thread, it would be nice to add these to your Mega repository since it has all the other NetBoot files
Thanks, I'll add these hacks!

My initial testing indicates they are both working fine.

It's great :)

(Edit: tested via attract mode loop, played through arcade mode (didn't make it to the end though))

bad news - we lost auction "Mushiking 2K3 2ND" Japan ver cartridge, price rises too high (I suspect seller was cheating/scumbag and bidding himself), I'd say 10x more than adequate price for such carts...

anyway, as was promised, here is "unlocked hacks":
Marvel vs Capcom 2
https://mega.nz/#!dIlRWIbS!4oA-q73IK0UAVrU1NS4s3IMTRz83OPZd1tHZjeYuKEY
Project Justice
https://mega.nz/#!8FMFBLBC!ibZnpQVoJAqTNglWDrwzNReR85I8C09FfLXlPI4whlg

big thanks to everyone who pledged to support us!
AMAZING! Dream come true and a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANK YOU! Tested and working after beating the game. So far, so great!

@MetalliC, I'm a noob here... I just loaded up MvC2 by netbooting (H multi-bios I believe) and I get all ?'s where I thought there'd be characters. I bet I'm doing something dumb, how do you get all the unlocks?

@ekorz here is comparison 1st boot of regular and "unlocked"
output_1ObRK7.gif

yeah maybe i'm just loading the wrong one or something... will check in a bit

maybe not wrong. unlocks applied then game load default settings, this happen if previous loaded game was other than MvsC2, but doesn't if your last game loaded into DIMM is regular MvC2.
if its your case - you still can enter unlock codes in regular way, or netboot some other game and run it once, then netboot 'unlocked' MvC2 binary.

unclear what i did wrong, but it's totally working now. Perhaps I didn't save my gameslist.py edits or something and it booted the original? Anyway... awesome! Thanks! Also donated

Last edited:
Back