What's new

FrizzleFried

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... what you see in the attached photo is what I am getting (plus the guns and IR array) in a House of the Dead 4 kit I'm getting from a friend. What exactly do I have here? What I/O board, etc?

There are a lot more PCB's than I expected to see.

HOUSEOFTHEDEAD4.jpg

top left is the "Gun Sense" board with the protect board to the right of it. it's a newer revision due to the surface mount components.
below that are a couple of power supplies

top right is the JVS I/O board, I can't tell if it's a Type 1.5 or a type 3 since the connector that distinguishes the two would be on the left edge and is obscured by all the wires.
below that is the audio amp board
...and the giant yellow thing at the bottom is your lindbergh
I don't know what that bracket/dongle thing is sitting on top of the lindbergh unit

What i DONT see is the lindbergh PSU, but you've got at least $800 worth of equipment there reguardless a PC ATX PSU will plug right into a lindbergh without any modification so it's not a big deal if that's not included.

Here is a better picture of the I/O...

HOUSEOFTHEDEAD4_2.JPG

Also, I think this might be the PSU and DVD player?

He says he's including two untested guns (but says they SHOULD work) as well as a 2nd brand new harness...

HOUSEOFTHEDEAD4_3.JPG

That's a Type 1.5 I/O

and yes that other box is the PSU and DVD player.

when you get this in could you take a picture of the USB plug end that goes into the Lindbergh from the DVD player. I've been unable to track down the exact right version of USB connector

Last edited:
Here is a better picture of the I/O...

HOUSEOFTHEDEAD4_2.JPG

Also, I think this might be the PSU and DVD player?

He says he's including two untested guns (but says they SHOULD work) as well as a 2nd brand new harness...

HOUSEOFTHEDEAD4_3.JPG
If you consider selling the extra guns, please let me know, I'd be interested.

Thank you.

You have a complete kit. :thumbup:
What do you want to do with it, use in a cabinet or with a TV ? Sell parts and keep just Lindbergh board ?

:D I understand.

Could you take me some pictures of the harness, especially guns plugs? For my topic on guns. Thanks.

:D I understand.

Could you take me some pictures of the harness, especially guns plugs? For my topic on guns. Thanks.
Once I get it all (still in the mail) I'd be happy to take detailed photos of anything you need.

I finally got this delivered (two boxes). Everything is still boxed up. I am not sure what I am going to do with this at the moment. I don't have a spare cabinet to put it in to or any such thing. So, to be honest, if someone was to make me an offer that I couldn't refuse I just might not unbox everything but rather send it along... who knows...

If you do not sell me the yellow Lind, you will be "sleeping with the fishes" there, I made you "an offer you can't refuse"..

Seriously, I am looking for one..

That's a Type 1.5 I/O

when you get this in could you take a picture of the USB plug end that goes into the Lindbergh from the DVD player. I've been unable to track down the exact right version of USB connector
Just to add to this question, the USB type used in the DVD Player was an OTG standard that was decomissioned by the USB folks. It's basically a mini a form but with curved edges. Here's a link to a stock pick from Andy's site.

That's a Type 1.5 I/O

Just to add to this question, the USB type used in the DVD Player was an OTG standard that was decomissioned by the USB folks. It's basically a mini a form but with curved edges. Here's a link to a stock pick from Andy's site.
I also bought an adapter from eBay that had the correct connector. I can take a pick or send a link.

That's a Type 1.5 I/O

I also bought an adapter from eBay that had the correct connector. I can take a pick or send a link.
If you want to go the cheap route, a usb mini type B will work. the bottom edges just need to be rounded off. if you are going for perfection, please disregard my suggestion.

Still not sure what I am going to do with this... it still sits in the two boxes...

I sort of want to get it going in some fashion... but another part of me doesn't want to bother.

I do have a 25" upright (currently a MAME cabinet) that I could use, but it would require a monitor upgrade as there is a standard res WG7000 in it currently.

Decisions decisions....

Question... I have an LCD TV that is very old... 42" commercial display that isn't actually HDTV... it's pre-HDTV, but it accepts my computers signal up to 720x480 I think it is. Could I use that LCD TV to test out this unit?

I just checked the boxes out... they include EVERYTHING...even the LED array still attached to the "bezel" pieces. Guns. Everything.

If I can mount the LED array around the LCD TV, I shouldn't have a problem testing the game out completely I suspect?

If it works with a computer, then could work with the lindbergh.

Worth a try.

What resolution does the Lindbergh output? I guess I could look... but that defeats the purpose of a forum... to ask stupid questions.

:D

Back