What's new
I am always confused.
A board is for me the motherboard.
Concerning the B board it was working before I add the kit.
I understand that the connection between A and B can be the source of the issue but I tried everything: pressure more, removing the casing of the A board and connect everything but still these lines on sprites are displaying.

Maybe a photo could help diagnose the problem, can you post one?

Hi everyone. I installed the Darksoft Multi CPS2 kit several weeks ago and absolutely love it. No sound issues, no reboot issues, and all games load. The only issue I have is that 40% of the time that I turn on my Supergun (Jasen's ADCAP), the LCD will show the "NOW PLAYING" game but the screen is black.

To resolve this, I turn off the Supergun and turn it back on. The solution works 100% of the time but it is a bit annoying to have to turn it off and on so often. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a better solution to fixing this?

Details of the install:
  • Used a dead Rev 6 Vampire Savior grey board
  • Cut jumper pads so they are open and then soldered the correct ones to be closed
  • Soldered a wire with a JST connector for reboot feature
  • Using a Samsung 8GB micro SD card

Thank you for reading!

Hi everyone. I installed the Darksoft Multi CPS2 kit several weeks ago and absolutely love it. No sound issues, no reboot issues, and all games load. The only issue I have is that 40% of the time that I turn on my Supergun (Jasen's ADCAP), the LCD will show the "NOW PLAYING" game but the screen is black.

To resolve this, I turn off the Supergun and turn it back on. The solution works 100% of the time but it is a bit annoying to have to turn it off and on so often. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a better solution to fixing this?

Details of the install:
  • Used a dead Rev 6 Vampire Savior grey board
  • Cut jumper pads so they are open and then soldered the correct ones to be closed
  • Soldered a wire with a JST connector for reboot feature
  • Using a Samsung 8GB micro SD card

Thank you for reading!
That could be an SD card glitch. Or maybe a voltage issue.

Hi Mitsurugi! Thank you for the leads. I'll try formatting the SD card again. As for voltage, I have it set to 4.97. Is that too much?

That's a bit low. Try at 5.08v

Hi all,

Got my CPS2 Multi up and running and it's working great.

I had a issue with a solid red screen on startup. My problem was the multi boards were not pushed in enough.

Hope this helps other people out.

I’m up and running, sort of. Everything works as it seemingly should, except the sprites are garbled. Took the kit off and reseated everything, same issue.

https://ibb.co/cQtEdG

Last edited:
Yes, happens on all games. I’m going to grab a new SD this afternoon. The PALG I received in the kit.

Got mine yesterday, but i have a solid white screen!

What i have done:
Got an original Super Street Fighter + Mainboard (JP)
I removed the Rams and the battery.
Got a Pal G and removed the pin 9 (soldered to the Multicard). Then i solder/cut the jumpers.
After the Installation of the multicard i formated the SD card and copied the games (folder games, like the Avalaunch Rar).
SD Card: Transcend 8GB Class4 (From the italien seller).

What can i do now? format the sd card again and push the multicard more in the sockets ?

definitely check that all boards and pins sit properly and make good contact.

A solid screen can usually mean bad contact in the tiny interconnection Pcb or that the keys are still being good and you need to shortcut exc5 for several seconds.

I'm still stuck with graphical issues (https://ibb.co/cQtEdG). I've removed the PALG and reseated, verified my jumpers are correct, tested continuity or lack of for all jumpers, have reseated each piece of the kit after checking all pins, and even purchased a 4GB Samsung SD to try. Same result.

definitely check that all boards and pins sit properly and make good contact.

A solid screen can usually mean bad contact in the tiny interconnection Pcb or that the keys are still being good and you need to shortcut exc5 for several seconds.
shortcuted exc5 and now it works, Thank you

I'm having a lot of troubles with mine atm. Here are the details:

- Using a phoenix'd COTA rev 4 board (removed all Roms
- Sandisk 16GB board
- GPal

Games show up on the LCD but when I flash it, i get a solid gray screen. Checked connections and did continuity checks on the jumpers and they're fine.
I also can't seem to solder onto the reset pad, seems like the pad is ripped off on mine. Will the games still work if I just reboot my cab?

Please update your profile with your approx. location.

Also please post some pics of your setup. Normally a working LCD but one-color screen, means some kind of problem on the program rom side.

It can be related to improper sitting of the boards, broken pin or that you didnt shourcut EXC5 long enough.

Look forward to your pics and we take it from there.

Thanks!

Hi,

Appreciate the quick response from you. I attached the photos here. Let me know if you need me to take other photos. Thanks!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    916.2 KB · Views: 276
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    763.7 KB · Views: 275
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 232
it looks good to me. Double check the tiny Pcb that joins the other two. Make sure it makes proper contact both from the top.and the bottom!

Besides that try reformatting the microsd and copy all files back again.

Last thing you can try is to short exc5 for 10 seconds. Make sure you short all 3 Pons of exc5.

Let us know how it.goes.

Tried all your steps (including formatting 2 different microsd cards) and still the same symptom.

Back