What's new

tinchen3112

Student
Reaction score
It would be nice if i could play my racing (pc or emu) games in a jvs driving cabinet.
anyone know if such a adapter already exist? jvspac and all clones are sadly only digital....

I was about to make a thread about this.

What's the verdict on getting analog stuff working with a PC in MAME/Demul/etc?

I would also think it would be really cool to see this. Obviously @invzim is going to be the man to ask here, among some others. I know (or have read anyway) that the JVS spec is pretty well documented, albeit not in english. I use a JVSPAC for several purposes already, having that or something else with analog support would be sweet. I can't speak for invzim but with it currently being a keyboard device I'm not sure how that would be handled. Unless it/someone emulated windows joystick axis sytle somehow that could be calibrated in windows.

There are options for analog controls in MAME, Ultimarc has the A-PAC and U-HID and there are the KADE family of open source devices (which is what I used to test out the Sega IR guns in MAME). I don't believe there are any JVS compliant options though... not that it's not possible, just no one has released anything like that yet.

I'm actually getting ready to build a few more analog capable KADE devices and was planning on doing a write-up in my blog once done if anyone is interested.

I'm actually getting ready to build a few more analog capable KADE devices and was planning on doing a write-up in my blog once done if anyone is interested.
Definitely interested.

I suppose one could just skip JVS I/O and wire the joystick directly to an A-PAC or something, yeah?

you could. I'm planning on building a little PCB that the KADE plugs into that adapts it to an RA connector like the Sega JVS I/O boards that way i can just swap that connector out when switching between PC and a JVS board.

I've got Planet Harriers woes, so trying to find a way to at least use the some-what-okay-nowadays emulated version in the real cab until a stupid Hikaru pops up.

There are about 5 JVS-PAC's left in stock - so hurry up and get on if you're in need. I'm highly doubtful there will be another run of the current design as the hardware used is getting old. If there is a new design in the works, it would be strange to leave out analog, wink wink nudge nudge ;)

Back