What's new
I'd take at least one in a heart beat if it remember settings after boot (like calibration on gun games... soooo annoying when you use a RPi for this)

I might take multiple carts depending on features. What I want (in order) is:

1) Fast boot on last selected game. I don't care if it takes a few minutes when I change the game.
2) Game to remember free play/calibration settings (it is ok if it lose settings if I switch game, but it would be awesome if it did remember the settings)
3) Support Atomiswave roms (this is not that important, but really nice to have)

If it would have the above features... I would want 2 minimum (I have 12 Naomi... it depends on the price :) ).

So yes. I want one, with reservation :)

I'd take at least one in a heart beat if it remember settings after boot (like calibration on gun games... soooo annoying when you use a RPi for this)

So yes. I want one, with reservation :)
^ Everything he said :)

This was discussed in detail concerning RS2 and MvC2 character unlocks.

It seems the majority of Naomi carts save to the motherboard SRAM.
So a Darksoft multicart wouldn't be able to save these type of settings, unless someone figures out how to read and write the mobo SRAM natively and writes the software to do so.

This was discussed in detail concerning RS2 and MvC2 character unlocks.

It seems the majority of Naomi carts save to the motherboard SRAM.
So a Darksoft multicart wouldn't be able to save these type of settings, unless someone figures out how to read and write the mobo SRAM natively and writes the software to do so.
True. But it should keep the settings for the last booted game if the Naomi thinks it's a regular cart. And that would be good enough I think.

I don't switch games on a regular basis. I mostly use net booting because my GD-Rom lasers seems to keep failing, but it's a pain to calibrate/switch to free play/other settings on every single boot.

Not to mention, trying to explain to my girlfriend how she and her friends start the game over the phone.. (*hint* they just gave up and did something else instead, and that's just... well... sad). I would pay for that sort of convenience... easy.

Who knows what kind of black magic Darksoft could cook up? Maybe some sort of replacement for the SRAM or hex edit the roms so they keep the settings or something (I can dream can't I?). But the question was if anyone is interested in a multicart, and I am... if it keeps the settings (for at least the last loaded game). If it doesn't I would be no better of with a multicart compered to a RPi netboot solution, so it's something to adress if he wants to sell more units. :)

If it doesn't I would be no better of with a multicart compered to a RPi netboot solution
You obviously don't power your Naomi with a Capcom IO.

DIMMs (all of 'em) are power hungry sluts that need to go away.

I didn't find it much of an issue to run a second computer PSU, modded with Naomi connectors, in the cab to handle the naomi, and let the Jamma harness handle the IO.
As a matter of fact, that PSU also handled a separate 5v line for the Pi, with plenty of amps to spare.

Not having to use the Pi, and having an onscreen menu for the swaps, along with replacing the dimm, are nice ideas, but if it still means losing saves/scores/cheats/unlocks every time I change games, I would have to pass.

The Pi was 50$ with lcd, and I got in on the dimms before the market boomed, so I have two....3,4 or 500$ to put that down, for a one cart system, without some sort of game info save/restore process, would just be out of the realms of reason or budget for me.

clink, clink.....2 cents....

please explane to me how it works with this multi cart.
do i only need the original naomi mothercard? 1 or 2?

Now i run via netboot.

This thread is not an official project thread. So there isn't any ifo to give. *IF* Darksoft chooses to make a Naomi flash cart, more info will come.

This thread is not an official project thread. So there isn't any ifo to give. *IF* Darksoft chooses to make a Naomi flash cart, more info will come.
Indeed, the purpose of this thread was to show just how many people would like a device like this...
The hope was if enough people are willing to buy one it might convince Darksoft to make this his next project.

i have now read the whole thread 8o
this is my first day here on arcadeproject.
i bacame completly tilt in my head when i read naomi multi cartridge <X
but sign me in for that

That DECO is crap, I don't care if he finishes it.
F3 on the other hand... I can't wait! 8o

I prepped my mobo for the multi (cut out it's region locking pins) soon as DS said it would be a requirement. ;)

Back