What's new

freddiefiasco

Professional
Reaction score
Is there a template that exists for these security key enclosures to be printed on a 3D printer?
skey.jpg

yeah, I was thinking about that. I prefer to do redesigns anyway. mimicking injection molded parts rarely makes for good 3D printed parts.

it's also possible I could design something that uses an easily sourced piece of metal for that part... say maybe a paper clip...

not to my knowledge, but now I'm interested in making one :D
You would need a total functional redesign. The originals have a metal piece inside that the chip rests on.
Yes, that metal piece is just one piece that looks like you can cut from a piece of tin or aluminum. It looks like it's probably the easiest part to design.

I'm often left doubting how well the chip is seated when using these housings, and they can be a pain to remove once inserted. Just the other day my Lindbergh kept throwing errors as if it had no chip installed and I eventually resorted to removing it from the housing and inserting directly.

Assuming you don't need to keep swapping chips all the time, maybe an alternative 3D printed part could just be a cap for the hole made to look like the stock housing?

I'm often left doubting how well the chip is seated when using these housings, and they can be a pain to remove once inserted. Just the other day my Lindbergh kept throwing errors as if it had no chip installed and I eventually resorted to removing it from the housing and inserting directly.

Assuming you don't need to keep swapping chips all the time, maybe an alternative 3D printed part could just be a cap for the hole made to look like the stock housing?
I thought about a re-design as well. I have to have a gorilla death drip on my Chihiro but on the Triforce it pops right out. And really, it is only for swapping chips when playing different games or even testing zero keys (when I was having that Triforce issue error 31).

I like the idea of a cap. I cover the hole on my DIMMs with tape, a cap would look much nicer.

yeah, I was thinking about that. I prefer to do redesigns anyway. mimicking injection molded parts rarely makes for good 3D printed parts.

it's also possible I could design something that uses an easily sourced piece of metal for that part... say maybe a paper clip...
T, make some caps, I will buy a few.

I'll play around with some designs but my printer is out of commission for probably another week. I messed up my hot end and I'm waiting on parts :-/

if we can get a fuctional replacement case i would love to have a few colors one for netboot one for cfboot red and blue

Back