What's new
I had a few drives here where it would say Tekken 4 will start up soon but nothing else would happen. I bought a Samsung SD-616 on ebay and it worked just fine. The only draw back in the blinking green light but system runs just fine. LOL now if I can find a way to get the namco 246 to run ULaunch Elf everything will be just peachy for me.

I had a few drives here where it would say Tekken 4 will start up soon but nothing else would happen. I bought a Samsung SD-616 on ebay and it worked just fine. The only draw back in the blinking green light but system runs just fine. LOL now if I can find a way to get the namco 246 to run ULaunch Elf everything will be just peachy for me.
I know it's a pain but can you post a picture of the label on the drive that shows the revision and stuff? I found a few Samsung SD-616 but they have a ton of firmware revisions and stuff.

Well .. I am joining the "My Tekken 4 doesn't play" club. Voltages are fine, and the 246 with play every other 246 game I put in it just fine.

I understand it may be the DVD-ROM .. however there aren't an abundance out there.. let alone at a descent price. So let me ask this does the version of the dongle matter? The version I have is TEF1 VER.A .. if I got the dongle converted to the newest version would that matter? If I made a copy of the DVD would that matter than running from the regular disc?

Just looking for options.
try cleaning the contacts on the dongle, it has made the difference for me

OK..

-Cleaned the dongle..
oGrVKeqh.jpg

-Ordered yet another IDE DVD-ROM .. this time a Samsung SD-616. I hope its the right rev.

-My disc is being shipped back from being resurfaced.

LOL I am the one who sent him a PM in private on how to do it :p I already tried the back up .. no go on it either :p

I have ran a 246 with backed up copies of my Soul Calibur 2 and 3 discs, but never tried Tekken 4.

I mainly burned copies of the Soul Calibur games to try modding the games, like people have done in the console versions.

an

I know it's a pain but can you post a picture of the label on the drive that shows the revision and stuff? I found a few Samsung SD-616 but they have a ton of firmware revisions and stuff.
SD-616FEB 63ERC13145NF/W=F100
H/W:A Ver.F December 2001

Sooo I bought a Samsung SD-616 ... I got my DVD back from being resurfaced (it's pretty) ... I cleaned the dongle ... and ...

No dice.

I tried the SD-616 in both 246's (Model B and C) I have and my 256 and none of the systems seemed to like it. I put the original 246 DVD-ROM back in my main 246 and tried some of the other games I have first. They worked fine, but when I tried Tekken 4 It just does not like it. It goes through the screen that says "this game is not for use outside of japan .. blah blah blah .." then after that it just sits there with a grey screen.

I guess the revision of the SD-616 I got just was not a match .. that's off because wasn't it one of the factory drives?

Anyone with an original Tekken 4 set up can you please verify your drive manufacture/make/revision pretty please.

-Drey

Hey..here's a thought....have you tried a different Tekken 4 dongle?
It really is starting to sound like yours is corrupt.

Just thinking out loud. Worth a shot though.

Chris

When I get home tonight, I will post the drive that's in my 246 that works with Tekken 4.

Edit: forgot to do this yesterday, have something else I have to do with the 246 tonight so I will pop the system open and check the drive too. All I can remember right now is my drive was not on the factory provided list on one of the wikis and I think it was one of those professional drives.

Last Edit: The dvd drive which came in my Namco System 246 B board is an AsusTek DVD-E818A3 Drive.
It works with Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition and Tekken 4 Version D.

Last edited:
Your running it on a 246? As Tekken 4 does not work on a 256.
So Tekken 4 would not work on a 256 even though it's on 246 mode?

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_161633.jpg
    IMG_20210923_161633.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 91
Back