What's new

Tytris

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a Tekken 4 disc and dongle from ebay, anyway i cleaned the dongle and when I power it up I get First time load on screen and then a grey screen. Any suggestions ?

Your running it on a 246? As Tekken 4 does not work on a 256.

Ok, good :)
5V is also OK?

Tekken 4 is also very picky when it comes to the DVD drive in the unit

Yes 5v is reading fine.

Dvd-Rom I am not 100% sure

plug some earphones to your 246 and tell us what you hear after powering up. Do you hear 7-8 ding ding ding
or do you hear 3 ding and many *bang*bang* ?

The dongle is working if he gets "First time load".

Do you have the I/O connected properly also?

I remember this game is very picky about CD Drive used...

ok power is set, dongle is set dont have the rca - 3.5mm right now to hookup audio and no jack on the drive..... I have a couple of spare drives may try swapping out and see what results i get...

also with the subject of 246 whats the best way to hookup a kick harness, i've heard cps2 etc.. etc...

tekken 4 is very picky about a clean disc. I had mine professionally resurfaced for it to work.

You can, however, use a capcom IO if you can power the 246 using a JVS adapter or whatever.

also with the subject of 246 whats the best way to hookup a kick harness, i've heard cps2 etc.. etc...
I use a Sega JVS to Jamma I/O on 246 when I have to wire up buttons. All buttons for Tekken games are actually right on the Jamma Harness no kick harness needed. Buttons 1 and 2 are Punches, Button 3 is reserved for Tag (Used in TTT (system 12) and TTT2U (system 369)) and buttons 4 and 5 are kicks. If you harness does not have 5 buttons hooked up you might need to add wires (my jamma harness has only 4 buttons wired).

Just reiterating what others have already said, try a different CD drive.

I ordered an SD-616 samsung drive hope that solves it.

Just as a heads up. We simply make a disc to disc direct copy of those dvd's. They have zero copy protection. Might try that, in case the dvd you have has ANY scratches...and try it before the new drive comes in.

Ok mild update, ordered a Samsung 616 got Tekken and also SC3 to fire up (also changed my harness due to having a cheap Chinese one) running video from a converter and now the screen progressively washes out until its a solid grey black ....... (also getting a blinking green warning LED) and this wash out occurs on tekken 4 or sc3 CPS2 boards dont have a wash issue

Is it one of those Chinese converters? If so they are trash.

Back