What's new

kuze

Champion
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Attached is a patch for Martial Masters which unlocks the secret characters by default. It also forces English for the ingame text.

To use this, you must patch 'v104_32m.u9' from MAME with the xdelta provided, then burn to a M27C322 EPROM and install in the location marked 'u9'.

Attachments

• martmast-v104_32m.u9-usa-allchars.zip
    326 bytes · Views: 837
  • martmasters-english2.jpg
    martmasters-english2.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 1,975
Thank you very much
i just tested it with mame and working.

Note: I didnt test it wit real hardware. Only emu

Just burned this to an actual cart. Thanks again!

When I read the title I was thinking of "Martial Champions" and thought, "who would even play that trash game, let alone bother hacking it?" :D
-ud

I'm still on the hunt for a Martial Masters cart. See them pop up sometimes, but not for a price I'm willing to pay. Just not going to play it seriously enough to shell out hundreds.

Just burned this to an actual cart. Thanks again!
I'm too lazy to check right now - the chip happen to be socketed by any chance? I'd be very interested in this, but I don't know if I trust my hand enough to desolder it when we're discussing pricey games.

Anyone into burning chips?
I'd be interested to try on my cart...
Me too thanks. I keep thinking about buying a burner but I need like one chip every eighteen months...

Oh man.. can I convert this mahjong game I have into something better!? That would help kill some time until there's a multi.

I'm too lazy to check right now - the chip happen to be socketed by any chance? I'd be very interested in this, but I don't know if I trust my hand enough to desolder it when we're discussing pricey games.
Socketed yes.

Thanks man. that's the conclusion I came to from mame source.

I pulled my u9 and u10 but on dumping they dont match anything in mame. I'm guessing it's due to encryption? I have a taiwan board. I'm taking pics of the chips before I put them back in. Both are 32m tsop on adapter boards.

Yeah my u9 was on a 32m tsop adapter board as well.

Taiwan might have its own region, which would explain why yours doesn't match what's in the MAME driver.

Can you take a picture of the warning/region screen on bootup as well as pics of the boards in your cart?

The ARM ROM (u10) doesn't need to match the 68k ROM (u9, not encrypted), so you can still use the unlock patch.

Here are the rom dumps I made from my cart (mods remove if not allowed) http://photosuckit.com/images/mart_tw.zip

u9 dumped as m27c322 (if unencrypted then maybe useful?)
u10 dumped as both 160 and 322 (worthless/protected data?)

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/6pK6O

Upgrade works fine though, Thanks! If people want to mess with these roms in mame or whatever feel free. If more is needed to be dumped from this, or these need to be submitted, I'll do what I can. Worst case I'd probably be willing to send it off if surface mount stuff needs to be removed and dumped.

Good stuff, thanks! Glad to hear it's working well for ya. :thumbsup:

Reactions: rtw
Socketed yes.
Awesome, thanks.

Now, anyone willing to sell me a burned chip so I can upgrade? Getting all my pgm carts to English has been a dream of mine, let alone the addition of unlocked secret characters! ;)

Edit: I have gotten the hookup, tyvm

Last edited:
Now, anyone willing to sell me a burned chip so I can upgrade? Getting all my pgm carts to English has been a dream of mine, let alone the addition of unlocked secret characters!

I too would be interested ... :D

Now, anyone willing to sell me a burned chip so I can upgrade? Getting all my pgm carts to English has been a dream of mine, let alone the addition of unlocked secret characters!

I too would be interested ... :D
shoot me a PM, I burned a couple extras when I made KalessinDBs chip last night. Cost of chip and shipping is about 7 bucks in the US.

edit: I posted this from mobile and missed your location. I can send you one but it would be much cheaper if you found someone in your continent.

Last edited:
Back