What's new

jugu

Professional
Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed a Dark Dawg Multi. I've installed it into a Lindbergh Silver Satellite unit, which has:
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Nvidia 7800GS
  • (Not sure of the CPU)
I tried all 3 versions of Virtua Fighter on the disk. The first two (Virtua Fighter 5 Ver. B Export, Virtua Fighter 5 Ver. C Japan) throw the error: "Error 15: Game program not found". The third version, Final Showdown I think, throws an error in Japanese: "この ネットワーク で は 起動 でき ませ ん 。" which translates to "It can not be started on this network."

Other games that I tried loaded fine (Let's Go Jungle, Virtua Tennis 3). I tried with all the Dips switches set to OFF, with Dip #8 set to ON. From the manuals error 15 seems like a problem with the PIC key. I did try re-seating the PIC, and again other games loaded fine.

Anyone else run into something similar? Any suggestions to try?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4269.JPG
    IMG_4269.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_4262.JPG
    IMG_4262.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_4267.JPG
    IMG_4267.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 646
Show a picture from the back of the lindbergh? Where did you get this from and which keychip are you using?

ok so now the question is if he has the right Lindbergh.. ...

I've also seen this problem with a bad pic. From what I understand the silver Lindbergh should work ok but I'm not 100% sure. What is confusing is one game I tested and worked for me is not working for him.

I thought the Satellite Silver Lindbergh was equivalent to a Yellow except for card reader installed into a PCI bracket but connected via USB. I have this disconnected.

Are there logs I can retrieve to help troubleshoot?

I have seen grey Lindbergh which don't havr audio board or have the Rambo graphic, that's why I'd like to know what he really has.

I thought the Satellite Silver Lindbergh was equivalent to a Yellow except for card reader installed into a PCI bracket but connected via USB. I have this disconnected.

Are there logs I can retrieve to help troubleshoot?
picture please.

I'll provide more pictures of the Lindbergh later today. Thank you guys.

I've attached the picture Darksoft was requesting. I did a little bit more testing tonight. I tried:
  • Changed the region from Japan to Export
  • Tried Virtua Fighter 5 (q), it worked!, see screen shot
  • Press Test button, return to menu
  • Tried Virtua Fighter 5 C (r), it worked!, see screen shot
  • Tried Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (s), same error in Japanese about network.
  • Enter Lindbergh Test Menu
  • Enabled DHCP
  • Tried Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (s), Waiting for DHCP message, never progresses.
  • Entered the Game Test Menu, and looked in the Start Up Mode options, saw settings for Server, Satellite (what it was set to), TV, and Terminal.

This leads me to believe it's a network configuration issue with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. Finally I went back to try the other 2 Virtua Fighters, and I encountered the same error as before, "Error 15: Game program not found".

Could someone with a working Virtua Fighter setup please share there network configuration and Start Up Mode settings?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    566.4 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_4271.JPG
    IMG_4271.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    350.4 KB · Views: 566
I think @android had posted here somewhere what network settings to use for Final Showdown.

That should be in a sticky I never got VF5FS working because of the network error. I never really looked into it since that's not one of the games I cared about playing.

Thank you @android

I'll try these settings tonight. Hopefully this will resolve my Error 15 issue as well.

That fixed it! Thank you @android!

Now I just need to figure out why I can't load After Burner Climax. It gets passed the "Initializing Cabinet..." message then stays stuck on a grey screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 404
On AfterBurner, once you got the grey screen, you need to exit the game to the game selection menu.
And then enter to lindbergh test mode ("t" on my multiboot), and from there enter to game test menu, and put cabinet type as normal, then exit and load the game again, it will work.

Gracias Android! I tried, but connected to my Vewlix, the options in the Game Test Menu cycle through very quickly without me having to press the Service button. So I can't select anything as it seems I'm not controlling the navigation of the menu. The arrows scrolls up for a bit then down for a bit all on its own. Que extraño.

make sure test and service buttons are not stuck. Also tell us what IO do you have.

That happens to me as well, it requires a special IO

Back