What's new

Maruchan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellow enthusiasts, long time lurker , new to this account. I was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to get this cable that would link two blast city arcades for 3s. Or if anyone would be willing to PM me a price on how much they would charge to make one?

I will attach a picture on what it should look like, to be able to work.

SpiralBinding1.jpg

Pretty much a jamma pin out that can attach onto a 3s pcb , with audio , sound , joystick controlls and buttons connected to the green fingerboard in the picture. along with a kick harness in the loom.
Basically you're just splitting signals to another arcade. I got this picture from a guy on the Neo-Geo forums named franco, he used to make this two years ago and has stopped making them.

Attachments

• JAMMA VS LOOM.jpg
    JAMMA VS LOOM.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 222
I started working on one for my own purposes a few years ago, perhaps it's a good idea to finish it one day.
im waiting for someone to wanna try and make one for me to purchase/waiting to see if my friend of a friend will make a batch or any to sell. If not then ill have to resort to just making one myself :\

I started working on one for my own purposes a few years ago, perhaps it's a good idea to finish it one day.
im waiting for someone to wanna try and make one for me to purchase/waiting to see if my friend of a friend will make a batch or any to sell. If not then ill have to resort to just making one myself :\
Is your friend Quan? He's supposed to be working on a batch.

hehe, yea it's quan! I know him through don who owns dons arcade.

Nice, I thought it might be. Don's a friend of mine. He gave Quan one of his link cables recently to use as a template, he's supposed to be working on them now. I told him I'm in for two. So in theory it's happening soon, but I haven't asked for an update recently.

Nice, I thought it might be. Don's a friend of mine. He gave Quan one of his link cables recently to use as a template, he's supposed to be working on them now. I told him I'm in for two. So in theory it's happening soon, but I haven't asked for an update recently.
Small world heh, I rarely go to Don's with my friend, maybe you seen us , my friend usually brings his dog Shadow.

Any idea on how much QUan might charge for one of these things? Its fairly easy to make , i would make one if i knew how to solder ( even though soldering looks very easy lol ). Maybe im just too lazy to do it is all. I haven't asked for an update either , but hopefully its fairly cheap and soon lol.

Funnily enough Don just texted me while I had this open to tell me Quan was there and was aiming for mid April. I asked about the price, he said he didn't know yet.

Funnily enough Don just texted me while I had this open to tell me Quan was there and was aiming for mid April. I asked about the price, he said he didn't know yet.
Nioce, hopefully it wont be too pricey heh

Has anything come of this? I remember messaging Don a while back asking about how and where he sourced his vs link cables. All I got back was a friend did it for him and then Don disappeared from FB altogether after that. I haven't had a chance to visit his place again for a couple of years, so this has gone forgotten for me until I just saw this thread. I'd love to get a few of these cables from whoever can make them. I have an "official" one (not sure if it's Sega or Sanwa) that has lived in my Astro City cabs but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to find another and I remember the cable being pretty expensive when I originally got it years ago. I also recall needing to unplug and reinsert the audio connector every time I powered on games where I want to use the audio output through the JAMMA harness, so that was a pain to have to manage. Just looking for another solution at this point.

Has anything come of this? I remember messaging Don a while back asking about how and where he sourced his vs link cables. All I got back was a friend did it for him and then Don disappeared from FB altogether after that. I haven't had a chance to visit his place again for a couple of years, so this has gone forgotten for me until I just saw this thread. I'd love to get a few of these cables from whoever can make them. I have an "official" one (not sure if it's Sega or Sanwa) that has lived in my Astro City cabs but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to find another and I remember the cable being pretty expensive when I originally got it years ago. I also recall needing to unplug and reinsert the audio connector every time I powered on games where I want to use the audio output through the JAMMA harness, so that was a pain to have to manage. Just looking for another solution at this point.
Yeah, it's still happening, I think Quan is almost done.

How do I reach this dude directly? I'd like to see about getting a cable or two. You could PM the contact info if he's ok with me reaching out directly.

For reference, I live in Vegas but I can probably schedule a trip to Don's place at some point if he doesn't want to ship. Been meaning to go back to SoCal anyway for fun.

I don't have his info, I just get updates from Don. I know Quan, but we're not friends or anything.

If you could ask him for me next time you see Quan or through Don, I would really appreciate it. I think Quan would get some business through this forum for his work if he's interested. From what I recall, Don's H2H setups were immaculate and I'm sure his work is good.

If you could ask him for me next time you see Quan or through Don, I would really appreciate it. I think Quan would get some business through this forum for his work if he's interested. From what I recall, Don's H2H setups were immaculate and I'm sure his work is good.
I'm waiting for them myself, so no worries, I'll make sure I get updates. Don reads this forum too. ;)

Hello fellow enthusiasts, long time lurker , new to this account. I was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to get this cable that would link two blast city arcades for 3s.
keep your eyes open for a blast city VS kit on yahoo japan ;)

Sorry to necro bump but my search lead me here. Anyone have contact information for Quan regards to a h2h link cable for Astros? I'm looking for one. Possibly a 2nd for Blasts as well. Any leads are appreciated.

Anyone here using Quans link cable successful linking two Blasts via Naomi? I can sync at 15khz on some boards, but can't sync on straight 31khz for a Naomi Net dimm h2h set up on Blasts.
Works fine on 15khz in Astros, just can't get it to sync on cab#2 screen gets no picture at all.

Back