codecrank

Professional
Reaction score
Always wanted to do this,

34514056415_a687da6ccf_b.jpg

33703410153_b108b33f30_b.jpg

- capcom IO + homemade 3/4p jamma adapter
- long vga+audio cable
- vga splitter with audio https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15649 ( powered via the naomi's 5v header )

then I read Skate's post about daisy chaining plain old sega jamma I/O boards ... would have been a lot quicker lol

awesome, I love the powerstone series. Once I get me cab going I'll be using the BC vs con I got from you.

then I read Skate's post about daisy chaining plain old sega jamma I/O boards ... would have been a lot quicker lol
Do you have a link to Skate's post? I guess that would have saved you the time to build the 3/4p jamma adapter right? The rest of the setup is still needed (Capcom I/O etc.)
I'm also thinking of building a Powerstone2 4 player setup. Such an underrated game Powerstone2 :)

That's cool :D I've never really played PowerStone all that much - from what I understand it's similar to Smash Bros?

This has always been my dream! I LOVE POWERSTONE 2!!! So many good memories, your setup rocks!

Do you have a link to Skate's post? I guess that would have saved you the time to build the 3/4p jamma adapter right? The rest of the setup is still needed (Capcom I/O etc.)I'm also thinking of building a Powerstone2 4 player setup. Such an underrated game Powerstone2 :)
it's a standard IO chain. You can use 2 sega IOs (jamma or jvs) and you just run the 2nd USB (jvs) cable from the 1st IO to the 2nd. Set the cab to 4p in system assignments of test mode and you're good to go. Handle video and audio however you see fit. Just make sure both IOs are powered. If you're using 2 jamma cabs thats easy.

This is really cool. If I ever got into cabinets there are a few games I would love to get another board of for link purposes.

Like Planet Harriers and Cadash or Heavymetal Geomatrix.

As far as the arcade Powerstone games go, I only own the first one.

Back