What's new

Nodoyuna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

I have a CRT TV which I use to connect all my retro consoles, arcade and computers. The exact model is PANASONIC TX-29PN1D, manufactured in 2005
Most of the consoles are NTSC JAP and connected in RGB mode via SCART
The TV itself is PAL but it has very good NTSC support, besides the tipycal "screen displaced" problem

Past weekend, tired of seeing the screen like that, I searched the Internet for the service manual, found it and now I can enter the service mode of the TV
In the manual, there are some optimum settings for the parameters I can adjust on the TV, but it's still not centered properly and there is a little distorsion on the edges of the screen

I've adjusted colours and levels without any problem and now the TV has great image, really happy with that :)

But I'm still struggling with geometry, linearity and that stuff... My objective is, of course, to center the screen without getting artifacts
Right now, I have artifacts in, for example, vertical scroll

So, do you have any idea, tip or suggestion to help me center the screen properly?

Thanks in advance

Have you entered your own setttings instead of the recommended ones? I'm afraid that you need to do a little bit of trial and error on this one.

Yes, but I think I don't understand the settings, as I generate some image distortion, so I'm a bit confused about what do I need to do

Take a picture of the service menus and we tell you what to touch and what not:)

Back