What's new
I have gotten neogeo battle collisium and dolphin blue to run with no issues when in 15khz mode on my naomi 2. But if i switch to 31khz mode, i just get a black screen. I am using a cf card reader from mitsurugi. so far my only naomi game runs fine in both 15khz and 31khz (marvel vs capcom 2) so maybe its as simple as the khz setting?
My setup's are all 15khz monitors. So that isn't it either.

Good news .. the below dip switch settings do indeed work and change regions as reported (by Gakman) .. bad news .. didn't help a damn bit to get the Atomiswave games running.

DIPSW 2 + 3 + 4
OFF OFF OFF = Japan
ON OFF OFF = USA
OFF ON OFF = Export
ON ON OFF = Korea
OFF OFF ON = Australia
ON ON ON = @
OFF ON ON = ?
ON OFF ON = ?

Interesting though .. discovered this whole time I was booting into the Australian region and it didn't even dawn on me as the regular Naomi 1 games are worked perfectly. Thought I would give the Japan, USA, and export regions a check to see if it worked. No dice.

Naomi 1 , dunno about mobo revision
latest multibios ( @Mitsurugi-w burned it for me)
zero key from mitsu as well
netbooting with piforce webtools with a pi 3
rom from here
netdimm and naomi get powered by sun PS , pi gets powered by the naomi
hm my naomi2 setup also seems to work with all the AW games I've tried, except Neo Geo Colliseum. Granted I haven't tried them all. I'll try a few more options and a naomi1 in a few days, just strange that this one game is giving me a black screen as well. Does this game need a certain region or system setting?

Naomi 1 , dunno about mobo revision
latest multibios ( @Mitsurugi-w burned it for me)
zero key from mitsu as well
netbooting with piforce webtools with a pi 3
rom from here
netdimm and naomi get powered by sun PS , pi gets powered by the naomi
hm my naomi2 setup also seems to work with all the AW games I've tried, except Neo Geo Colliseum. Granted I haven't tried them all. I'll try a few more options and a naomi1 in a few days, just strange that this one game is giving me a black screen as well. Does this game need a certain region or system setting?
Can you see what motherboard revision you have on the naomi 2, maybe take some pics? I have 2 naomi 2 that refuse to load the the AW games, they always black screen.

Sure, I'll post the settings and bios and such as well. Pretty sure I'm running 15khz with the multibios. Net dimm 4.02 with rpi3 and piforcetools 1.5. Probably USA region right now. I forget all the test menu settings, maybe one of those matters.

FYI, I have been running tests on both N1's and N2's. I have also switched from a Capcom I/O and a Sega I/O. Same black screen.

Anyone want to post the IP address they are assigning to their NetDimm's? Mine are suffixed with a single digit number. Wondering if that makes a difference.

@Derick2k here's my n2 mobo, I'm not sure which IDs are the board revision but I'm guessing you do. My n1 is your silver one :thumbup:

Pic

I can boot the AW games I've tried, like kof xi, on this board and your old n1 (except ngbc)

@[u]@Derick2k[/u] here's my n2 mobo, I'm not sure which IDs are the board revision but I'm guessing you do. My n1 is your silver one :thumbup:

Pic

I can boot the AW games I've tried, like kof xi, on this board and your old n1 (except ngbc)
My N1 is Derricks black one .. man I need to know every little detail .. pretty please.

My N1 is Derricks black one .. man I need to know every little detail .. pretty please.
every little detail?

Ok, on a boot cycle sometimes it would say "ERROR 42: noob collector detected. derick has more games than you." but I pulled the super cap and that shit stopped. otherwise it's just a nice silver box, you know?

Can you guys send me a link to the NeoGeo Battle Coliseum you are using and I will test it on my NAOMI2 setup ?

Thanks for the link I will test this, but I need some spare time, been a bit hectic lately, maybe Wednesday :)

@Derick2k, All,

A new forum member just sparked my memory on something. When I had my Naomi's working with Atomiswave games, I remember my test cab had a dead PSU. I eventually gutted that cab for MAME, so the switching PSU was completely removed. That means, no power was going through the Jamma harness. I rigged power to the Naomi separately to a Sega I/O. Those of you guys having issues, is there any power coming through your Jamma harness? And those that have it working, same question. I want to test this, but won't be able to for a few days. If you guys can, see what happens with you disconnect 12v and 5v power from your Jamma conector if you have that connected at all.

I am using two seperate power supplies. One just runs the Naomi and the other runs the i/o and rpi3.

Well that took a bit longer than expected :D

And I see that I have misunderstood the issue, this is netboot while I am running on CF.

Anyway with CF on a NAOMI2 with EUR BIOS everything is OK. Bear in mind that the netboot is not as compatible as the CF solution.

Power is always important with these issues. I have a standard PC ATX PSU which powers the CAPCOM I/O with the HAS in front as well as the NAOMI2 and the CF interface board.

Mine: NetBooting with Sun PSU connected to the Naomi. My capcom IO is powered through my HAS with a separate happ PSU. For the record pretty much everything works well since I added the Sun. I had a small ATX but it was underpowered.

Still no NGBC but I haven't fiddled with it in a while.

So I dug out my NETDIMM, this is a pure NETDIMM with 512 MiB. The PIC is my standard network PIC which I posted earlier.

To transfer the game I used: TransferGame.exe

System is still my NAOMI2.

The game starts, I get the title screen but no inputs are recognized. In addition 1 coin is added.
Cannot enter setup that only adds one more coin.

Mine: NetBooting with Sun PSU connected to the Naomi. My capcom IO is powered through my HAS with a separate happ PSU. For the record pretty much everything works well since I added the Sun. I had a small ATX but it was underpowered.

Still no NGBC but I haven't fiddled with it in a while.
But are you power to your I/O through the JAMMA edge connector?

Back