What's new

iCEQB

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently messing with a Lindbergh which came w/o a CF / HDD.
I saw that MAME has a CHD which is the CF Image from a yellow Lindbergh.

With CHDMan I was able to extract a 128 MB Image, which I can (hopefully) write to any (?) CF card.

So my question is, does anyone know what I have to do here?

- Can I even to that plan? Or is there some hardware locking here?
- Is any CF card supported?
- Do I need special tools to write this Image, or does dd suffice?
- Do I need to mess with the BIOS or something?

I can't seem to find any info regarding this matter and I hope you guys can help me out here.

Kindest regards,
iCEQB

Lindbergh can only boot original cards from Sega and some types of Sandisk Industrial CF.

You can get them from here:
http://videotronicsuk.com/lindbergh-cf-card.html

As we've always said, this stuff is still running on the arcades so we don't want to see any information about it publish that could be used to harm their business. Any such a content will be removed.

You still have Lindberghs on the arcades ? I think here we only have Ring games, not older.

You still have Lindberghs on the arcades ? I think here we only have Ring games, not older.
we still have the lindy running in the arcades in Japan. Mostly initial D and lets go jungle but still active

are they being sold by sega still?
not currently being sold atm as far as I know but several coinops are still using the machines in arcades and sega is still servicing Chihiro to Sega Ringedge 2. As for where the legal lines are drawn Im not sure but I think that as long as sega is still providing service for them in arcades then its still an off limits hardware to talk about on here as Darksoft said.

not currently being sold atm as far as I know but several coinops are still using the machines in arcades and sega is still servicing Chihiro to Sega Ringedge 2. As for where the legal lines are drawn Im not sure but I think that as long as sega is still providing service for them in arcades then its still an off limits hardware to talk about on here as Darksoft said.
It's very interesting. Because in Japan I've played very old games (80's and 90's) a few months ago in arcades. Here I can only play recent games (oldest must be Grid, Let's Go is Ring one). So I don't think it's the most important point. And you say Sega is still servicing, and that's a great point (I didn't know it). But we often talk on this forum about netboot or CF, so for Chihiro. And DS & mitsu sell Lindbergh multis. The only objective element is a firm is selling or not a system. So I can't conclude, since some rules are not totally clear. Perhaps the rule is old system = not sold anymore, but exept for systems with a multi to sell ? I think Darksoft must write a list, saying which system is alowded and which one is not since it' totally subjective, to avoid some of use to make some mistake.
My English is not good, please understand there's non agressivity or something else in my sentences. Sorry but I just need some clarification, or I can put by mistake some posts against forum rules whoutout knowing it. If there's some rules, we all have to know exactly to respect them. Some members have already had discuss about legitimity, but I don't need detailed explainations or justifications, I just need the list what is allowed or not, it's easier and totally clear.

So, for Darksoft, please tell me :
For Taito ? We know the limit is Nesica : TTX2 is OK, but not TTX2 Nesica and later like TTX3.
For Sega ? Lindbergh is OK or not ? Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce/Hikaru/Atomiswave are OK, but RingEdge/Wide and later RingEdge2, Nu are not.
For IGS ?
For Namco ? All OK ?
For SNK ? All but recent games ?
For Cave ?
And other systems as Neo System ?

:)

To be honest, I think it really boils down to the website and admin as well as your personal feelings toward emulation, mulltis, and real hardware.

I myself have 12 sega lindbergh, 3 taito x2, 2 chihiro, and a full neo geo mvs collection, over 200 pcbs etc for starters. I use all real hardware.

I I think the multi boots are a great addition to any collection and have nothing against them. Seeing as this site has rules to be followed regarding discussion about multiboots on Lindbergh etc, the only thing that can be done really is to follow the rules or choose another forum on a different site to discuss it.

As for what is seen as "acceptable topics" or not is ultimately up to Darksoft and admin on the site to decide. I myself dont know what topics can or would disrupt the flow either but once again, if its off limits, its off limits at least here.

I would think that anything Naomi or older would be fine to discuss including net booting etc but once again, Im not positive.

No hate intended at all as we are all here for common interests and if Darksoft wishes to lay out the guide lines on conversations and what can /cant be talked about I would respect that.
It's very interesting. Because in Japan I've played very old games (80's and 90's) a few months ago in arcades. Here I can only play recent games (oldest must be Grid, Let's Go is Ring one). So I don't think it's the most important point. And you say Sega is still servicing, and that's a great point (I didn't know it). But we often talk on this forum about netboot or CF, so for Chihiro. And DS & mitsu sell Lindbergh multis. The only objective element is a firm is selling or not a system. So I can't conclude, since some rules are not totally clear. Perhaps the rule is old system = not sold anymore, but exept for systems with a multi to sell ? I think Darksoft must write a list, saying which system is alowded and which one is not since it' totally subjective, to avoid some of use to make some mistake.My English is not good, please understand there's non agressivity or something else in my sentences. Sorry but I just need some clarification, or I can put by mistake some posts against forum rules whoutout knowing it. If there's some rules, we all have to know exactly to respect them. Some members have already had discuss about legitimity, but I don't need detailed explainations or justifications, I just need the list what is allowed or not, it's easier and totally clear.

So, for Darksoft, please tell me :
For Taito ? We know the limit is Nesica : TTX2 is OK, but not TTX2 Nesica and later like TTX3.
For Sega ? Lindbergh is OK or not ? Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce/Hikaru/Atomiswave are OK, but RingEdge/Wide and later RingEdge2, Nu are not.
For IGS ?
For Namco ? All OK ?
For SNK ? All but recent games ?
For Cave ?
And other systems as Neo System ?

:)
To be honest, I think it really boils down to the website and admin as well as your personal feelings toward emulation, mulltis, and real hardware.

I myself have 12 sega lindbergh, 3 taito x2, 2 chihiro, and a full neo geo mvs collection, over 200 pcbs etc for starters. I use all real hardware.

I I think the multi boots are a great addition to any collection and have nothing against them. Seeing as this site has rules to be followed regarding discussion about multiboots on Lindbergh etc, the only thing that can be done really is to follow the rules or choose another forum on a different site to discuss it.

As for what is seen as "acceptable topics" or not is ultimately up to Darksoft and admin on the site to decide. I myself dont know what topics can or would disrupt the flow either but once again, if its off limits, its off limits at least here.

I would think that anything Naomi or older would be fine to discuss including net booting etc but once again, Im not positive.

No hate intended at all as we are all here for common interests and if Darksoft wishes to lay out the guide lines on conversations and what can /cant be talked about I would respect that.

Take it easy and game on man

I think we maybe should move these posts to a specific thread and I'll let @Mitsurugi-w elaborate more on this, but I think that as long as it's not being serviced by the manufacturers and doesnt harm their profit should be green light.

A Lindbergh multi is done in such a way that it requires someone to plug a keyboard on each cabinet everyday, choose a game,etc. something that is IMHO not acceptable for an operator. On the other hand posting about how to get single Lindbergh games running should be in my opinion a no-no so long as SEGA is servicing them. As you can see we are not sure ourselves as it's a gray area.

Just don't talk about Nu.

Cause Nu is mine :D

IMG_2003_zpsbbindhdl.jpg

IMG_2006_zps5ffhjrbr.jpg

There are not Nu photos all around.
The only real photos of Nu boards you can find on internet are the ones i did.
Until i found a Nu2 or Nu SX, there will be not photos probably.

why so many Nu variants/version already, are they really much different?

Last edited:
Back