What's new
Got my spinner PCB in the mail yesterday. Having a bit of trouble getting it to work properly, though. When I load up Pop'n Bounce (Neo Geo) and set it to Paddle mode, the paddle moves to the right and then just judders in the same place from side to side. When I try Puchi Carat (Taito F3) [again, setting board to spinner mode], there is no spinner movement at all on the screen. (I know my itself spinner works with Puchi Carat as I can wire it directly to my Jamma harness and it will play correctly.)

I did want to say that I installed JST pins on the P1 and P2 spots on the board, but I had some trouble with the P2 side while I was soldering. They slipped out of alignment, so I had to desolder them and put in a new set. My paranoia makes me think I may have inadvertently overheated some of the adapter's components while removing the pins and cleaning the pads. Or is my problem that I'm just trying to attach my spinner to the JST area and not the Molex area...? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Why are you setting the games to paddle mode? They should be set to play with joysticks. That's the whole idea of the board, "to use a spinner to interface with joystick left/right".

Yeah, for native F3 spinner games you just wires the inputs to the JAMMA edge. There's a bit more discussion/info [here].

And as for Pop'n Bounce, I don't think it was ever really figured out how the paddle mode is supposed to work. There's some discussion about it on the NG forum.

@aoiddr I am not familiar with the games you are asking about, but to simplify testing you can use any JAMMA game that uses joysticks (ie; no paddles, spinners, options to change either, etc).

JST header was feature request when these were first designed -- user has option to solder JST header or wires into these holes, works the same as molex connections.

Your problem sounds more like the spinner you are using does not have pull down resistors -- checkout some of the posts earlier in the thread and report back :)

Your problem sounds more like the spinner you are using does not have pull down resistors -- checkout some of the posts earlier in the thread and report back :)
Okay, I tried Puzzle Bobble and it's doing the same thing (going to one side and then juddering side to side in the same spot), so I'll try adding resistors. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

ordered two spinner pcbs and looking forward to get it! Can't wait to use it on my Taito spinners.

Update: Installed the resistors and my spinner seems to be working as it should be with Puzzle Bobble on the Neo-Geo.
Could you share a picture of your spinners please ?

I have my spinner mounted inside a project case, but it's one of these kind:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARKANOID-SE...ART-FOR-BLOCK-BREAK-ARCADE-GAME-/282268545896

I tested out Puzzle Bobble 2 and that works well with the spinner.
I tried Pop'n Bounce (Neo Geo) again, but while the paddle goes left and right like it should, the movement isn't smooth and it is hard to get the paddle where you want it to make the (insanely hard) game actually playable.
Will try out some other games once I have a free moment to spare.

Reactions: rtw
I finally installed mine. I had Land Maker originally in the cab, however, for that the spinner is just too jittery. You get a lot of unintended left and right movement. So I pulled the F3 out and put in a MVS board and Puzzle Bobble. I works really, really well.

puzbob.jpg

Thanks again Brizzo! Great product!

Now all I need is a Gunbarich PCB, and I will be all set!!
Ha, that is the exact game I was thinking I should get this for. Couldn't believe that damn game didn't have a header for a spinner, how are you going to make a mashup of Twinklestar Sprites and Arkanoid and not have a spinner option? Frustrating.

Kind of sounds like this would be too jittery for the job though. So close.

As for PB, I wonder if an old Tin Star/FrontLine digital spinner would have been more appropriate. Certainly would have been easier.

Last edited:
Is there an eta on the next batch?

Is there an eta on the next batch?
Sent you a PM, had been away last couple weeks. Have one left for you!

But I do plan to build another run of these in the next week or two if anyone else is interested.

I got a little impatient and built a through hole one to test. The board kind of work for irritating maze set to joystick. Can't wait for the passthrough board

Free stuff to build, you can't beat that. Thanks man. Have anyone use one of these to the build, a snes steering wheel?

Back