What's new
It had been previously discussed to see if it was possible to get an Ultimarc SpinTrak spinner working with my JAMMA Spinner Adapter

@rtw was kind enough to donate a SpinTrak to convince me to get this done!

Came up with this design today after hand soldering the circuit for testing (which worked!):

spinner_divider-r001s.png

The concept is the SpinTrak outputs 1200 pulses per 1 revolution of the knob. Where as the classic Taito style spinner, outputs 300 pulses per 1 revolution (PPR).

If you were to compare using both styles of spinners with my jamma adapter, you could turn the SpinTrak 1/4 turn, with the Taito taking 1 full turn to get the same result. The SpinTrak was far too sensitive to play games this way

This circuit board gives the options to divide the spinner output (1200 PPR) by 2, 4, or 8. (600 PPR, 300 PPR, 150 PPR). Not sure if all these options are needed, but may as well add the feature for a small amount in extra parts! :)

Will post an update when these come back from factory and are assembled/tested :thumbsup:

Awesome stuff bud.

I presume you could also use this board (without your JAMMA Spinner Adapter) to use a SpinTrak spinner with regular spinner PCBs?

Awesome stuff indeed, thank you guys for doing this.

Put me down for 2 please, now heading off to buy a couple of SpinTrak's

Oh shit, useable with easily attainable spinners? NOW we're talking!

Awesome stuff bud.

I presume you could also use this board (without your JAMMA Spinner Adapter) to use a SpinTrak spinner with regular spinner PCBs?
Yes that is correct!

Awesome stuff indeed, thank you guys for doing this.

Put me down for 2 please, now heading off to buy a couple of SpinTrak's
Sure! Will still be a couple weeks, and hopefully the final version works as intended :P

If you spot Forgotten Worlds spinner let me know
noted. though the last two sets I've seen didn't look like those red and blue ones undamned just linked to, they had smooth metal knobs with a Capcom logo on the top. I know they were forgotten worlds spinners because they were attached to forgotten worlds aero-city panels. I think both panels went for around $300.

If you spot Forgotten Worlds spinner let me know
noted. though the last two sets I've seen didn't look like those red and blue ones undamned just linked to, they had smooth metal knobs with a Capcom logo on the top. I know they were forgotten worlds spinners because they were attached to forgotten worlds aero-city panels. I think both panels went for around $300.
Thank you and yes those are the ones I want, the capcom logo set.

Sadly they can’t be easily made without extensive experience using a metal laithe and custom fabricating gears. I saw a Japanese blog years ago where a guy modded his taito spinner to have the micro switch and return spring. It’s possible but it’s one hell of a project.

Oh and for the record, the smooth Silver knobs are Capcom USA variants where the Red and Blue one’s with three holes are Japanese variants.

And another fun fact- a couple years ago game Higenkondo in Japan released an adapter for using “rolling switch controllers” (the official name of the Spinners) on Eco Fighters CPS2. I’m lucky enough to own said hardware, and it’s AWESOME. Makes Eco Fighters and enjoyable game believe it or not! @Derick2k and @jassin000 have seen it in action ;)

Sadly they can’t be easily made without extensive experience using a metal laithe and custom fabricating gears. I saw a Japanese blog years ago where a guy modded his taito spinner to have the micro switch and return spring. It’s possible but it’s one hell of a project.

Oh and for the record, the smooth Silver knobs are Capcom USA variants where the Red and Blue one’s with three holes are Japanese variants.

And another fun fact- a couple years ago game Higenkondo in Japan released an adapter for using “rolling switch controllers” (the official name of the Spinners) on Eco Fighters CPS2. I’m lucky enough to own said hardware, and it’s AWESOME. Makes Eco Fighters and enjoyable game believe it or not! @Derick2k and @jassin000 have seen it in action ;-
BBZFOHKCEAAAIbg.jpg

And yes those spinners are awesome and I am totally jealous of your CP collections, its awesome to play with the proper controls.

I'm interested in the JAMMA passthru one, but would it work for example where I already have a premade spinner panel that hooks to the blast city inputs? In other words my spinner is already wired to right and left pins on jamma, so will this work or do I have to use the dedicated connector?

is there a way to tell a Taito spinner from a picture?

Back