What's new

arcadeWC

Professional
Reaction score
I may have access to a CNC router and looking for various CAD files for arcade cabinets to pursue recreating various arcade cabinets utilizing the precision of a CNC router. Classicarcadecabinets.com is the main source I have found online - curious if anyone else has any CAD files that are verified to work well with a CNC router and comprehensive in the build plan. Looking for a CAD file for a great pedestal cabinet as I have yet to find one with the various searches online. CAD file for a Viewlix model cabinet - anyone know of a really good one?
Thinking perhaps a site or thread that shares these files and have been proved to work well would be a nice addition for those that may have access to a CNC router. Any thoughts on CAD files or otherwise would be appreciated.

I just stumbled onto the thread at KLOV regarding classicarcadecabinets.com and its creator - sounds like a great guy and it is perhaps "the" source for arcade cabinet CAD files at this time. The question should be, has anyone personally used any of the files from the website and how difficult are they to build once cut by a CNC router? I don't have great woodworking skills - is it as easy as "kit" building once the pieces are all cut? Does the CAD files include predrilled holes for assembly? Thanks.

I haven't used any of the drawings from classicarcadecabinets.com myself, but I've heard nothing but good things.

They provide VCarve drawings, which are files used by the popular cnc software VCarve. That means they are complete including tool pathing. Often people start with just a DXF (which they also provide), which can introduce a lot of extra work and questions. For example, a DXF is strictly 2d and does not contain information about dados or mortising, do you cut on,inside,outside the lines, where as a VCarve file includes a list of tools you will need, material thickness, and what order it will do the work.

Back