What's new
UPDATE:

Issue is fixed. The Ebay Arduino LCD's work fine. So original cable was damaged. I bought a replacement cable, and it didn't work and sometimes would work but the characters were garbage/garbled.

The problem? Cable length. Replacement cable was too long (148cm). Purchased a 1.5 ft. cable, works fine now.
Glad you go it fixed, but not sure cable length was the real issue. I have made my own ribbon cables longer than 6ft and they work just fine.

IMG_7878.JPG

UPDATE:

Issue is fixed. The Ebay Arduino LCD's work fine. So original cable was damaged. I bought a replacement cable, and it didn't work and sometimes would work but the characters were garbage/garbled.

The problem? Cable length. Replacement cable was too long (148cm). Purchased a 1.5 ft. cable, works fine now.
Glad you go it fixed, but not sure cable length was the real issue. I have made my own ribbon cables longer than 6ft and they work just fine.
IMG_7878.JPG
I'm sure it was. Continuity on the replacement 148cm cable was fine, the cable wasn't damaged. The replacement LCD I bought was a different design from the one that shipped with my CPS-2 MULTI. My guess is the current was too low on the serial lines with the new LCD (which was probably more picky about the current strength than the original) + long cable. Would also explain why the original cable did not work with the replacement.

Last edited:
Back