What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what it is I need to save games on Type X3? Specifically Puzzles and Dragons? There's a big "Nesica" logo that says RFID next to it where it looks like one would tap a card to save.

Do I just need to find a Nesica card to save? Can I save my progress just being here at home, or is that feature only available when connected to the network? :/

I love this game, but I hate starting over every time I turn it on.

all the card stores is an ID which is then sent to taito and your stats are received.

at this time there is no way to connect to nesys as it is shut down for this game.

as for a homebrew solution i have something in the works for other nesys/nesica games but this one will be a harder one to support as it uses custom commands so im not sure if or when i might tackle it.
this game is in the case of i have to RE everything as i have no working logs of it besides a small handful of data

but i do agree this is a very fun and addictive game to play. i have lost a few hours playing it when i only went to test something :P

I PM'ed you in regards to maybe a workaround?

Or... the potential.

A potential 'virtual' server running on a RPi or small desktop PC would be a very cool project!

A potential 'virtual' server running on a RPi or small desktop PC would be a very cool project!
You'd have to build all the server software from the ground up though.

I was hoping there'd be something similar to what people use for Bemani stuff, but alas nothing like that exists at present. Maybe one day :)

Even better would be to hack the game so it saves locally on its own drive, we gotta have something to wish for right? ;)

you're more likely to see a virtual server on Pi than locally on the hard drive.

unless you managed to run the virtual server on the X3 itself.

Beamni stuff forces you to use bastardized versions of the files to even get a server running, on top of the "networks" for arcades are online so there just added to the main network.

Back