What's new

radirgyman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Has anyone converted a 2 player control panel into a 1 player control panel?
Just wondering how one would patch the holes- if its been done.

Im wanting to convert my Egrett 2 and Astro city Control panel into a one player panel.

Cheers.

Don't think that is very feasable to do, first you would need to cut a lot of extra holes, and add a mount for the stick, then cover up 10+ holes.
Better get a repro panel or a used one, plenty of NAC panels available.
A original E2 1P panel will cost you an arm and a leg though...

Maybe @alberto1225 has some repro panels left from his previous run?

Astro is standard Sega fit so just buy a 1L6B panel - they're not expensive and by tge time you've patched the other one and got a replacement overlay it'll cost about the same.

Original Egret panels are rare so you may be able to swap the 2 player one for a 1 player one

Jasen's Customs also makes great Egret/AWSD repro panels. Images are printed straight to the metal, not a sticker.
His store's closed at present, but when it opens back up, an excellent choice.

Jasen's Customs also makes great Egret/AWSD repro panels. Images are printed straight to the metal, not a sticker.
His store's closed at present, but when it opens back up, an excellent choice.
He said he's not going to do them anymore.

Alberto's are nicer anyways (I have both).

Astro is standard Sega fit so just buy a 1L6B panel
this, you can pickup a 1p panel from yaton on eBay for like $75 shipped:https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...TRC0.H0.X1p+panel.TRS0&_nkw=1p+panel&_sacat=0

it'll be cheaper than buying a repo and cheaper than trying to "convert" a 2P panel.
Astro is standard Sega fit so just buy a 1L6B panel - they're not expensive and by tge time you've patched the other one and got a replacement overlay it'll cost about the same.

Original Egret panels are rare so you may be able to swap the 2 player one for a 1 player one
This one would fit an Astro City?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEGA-NE...d8e52b1&pid=100290&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=311913289605

Does anyone know what actual name is for the plastic plugs you can get to block the holes?
They look like flat buttons..

Found this on Yaton's store, Chinese repro you guys think?
Do official 1P New Net City panels even exist? Never seen them...?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEGA-NEW-NET-CITY-Cabinet-1P-control-panel-151-/311913289605?nav=SEARCH
Probably a licensed one, so somewhat official.
I bought the 2p version of this panel from him. It's got a really good build quality and all the buttons and sticks say Sanwa (they could be knock offs but they look legit). Artwork is printed on. A really heavy textured material which isn't like the original panels but looks decent and I'm sure would hold up well.

Ordered the 1p panel, let's see what we get...
Noticed there is a typo in the text though...

'A new interaction starta...'

If anyone in Europe needs a Sega fit Single player panel I have a couple spare (shipping outside Europe isn't cost effective).

Back