What's new
I had all kinds of problems with my GBS until I gave it a proper power supply. A PC PSU was good enough, but a bit too bulky.

I had all kinds of problems with my GBS until I gave it a proper power supply. A PC PSU was good enough, but a bit too bulky.
I was contemplating using one. Not sure if I should. I don't have one lying around. I either invest in the pc power supply or an arcade psu. Though I had my gonbes on a separate line now.

Yup I'd agree at 18 awg, normally for AC power I like 20~22 awg but as Twisted pointed out you will NOT be driving a CRT monitor with this voltage (only the supergun).

I got it working almost! Video comes out. I can't get the stereo audio working just yet, but I'll play around with the volume buttons later. I think I might package this in a project box instead of just leaving it on plexiglass. Thank you guys so much!

when I got my CPS2 it had no audio out. if I put my ear to the speaker I could just barely make it out.

From what I was reading this is something that happens sometimes when it thinks the volume it turned up but really it's very low. There were a number of suggestions on fixes involving holding down the menu and volume up button during boot but none of them seemed to work.

how I fixed it was I went into the system menu and then went to the volume section, turned it all the way down then turned it back up again . so it might be worth trying that.

when I got my CPS2 it had no audio out. if I put my ear to the speaker I could just barely make it out.

From what I was reading this is something that happens sometimes when it thinks the volume it turned up but really it's very low. There were a number of suggestions on fixes involving holding down the menu and volume up button during boot but none of them seemed to work.

how I fixed it was I went into the system menu and then went to the volume section, turned it all the way down then turned it back up again . so it might be worth trying that.
Yeah I realized the audio might be off in the menu. I forgot there's a "demo audio" option. I'll see if that's set or not. I just unplugged my decoders since I had to move them around so I can't test it yet.

Back