What's new

mofoka

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey I'm new here looking for tips on how to make this Father Daughter project more interesting for my girl.

So far we have cleaned it up and found that the monitor caught fire. So I'll be looking for a permanent replacement eventually, but for now I'll just be buying new games so it's not just soccer for us

Attachments

• 20170825_162304.jpg
    20170825_162304.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 377
  • 20170825_175352.jpg
    20170825_175352.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 750
  • 20170825_180105.jpg
    20170825_180105.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,403
Oh yeah, it was originally Virtua Fighter 3... but I am having a hell of a time finding a Marquee or anything in this size lol

Can I see pictures where you suspect the monitor caught on fire?

Can I see pictures where you suspect the monitor caught on fire?
when I got the cabinet home the monitor circuit boards and components were striped. but when I pulled it out I found a big scorch mark on the support and a lot of soot inside for me to clean

Attachments

• 20170827_215107.jpg
    20170827_215107.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 256
Nice! I have one of these, original VF3, but it's often had a Naomi net-boot from the owner before me. Awesome that yours has a Naomi-2! I'd love to have one of those... I just don't want to pay for it :)

In regards to the monitor, unless the chassis is totally slagged, if the tube is in good shape, get the chassis repaired. That custom bezel will likely never look right with a 16:9 LCD in there, and finding another 33" monitor for it will likely be a chore, unless you can find a donor tube from a 32" TV (and then, you'll still need to have your chassis repaired if it's not working)

Those are beautiful machines, but HUGE!!! That's why the guy that I got mine from was getting rid of it. I got this in a lot trade, with a friend of mine committed to purchasing the VF3 from me (I don't have the room!)

Tip - it will JUST fit through a standard doorway if you remove the topper and the plastic monitor frame. The topper's back comes off, then 4 bolts remove it from the monitor's plastic bezel. Then there are only 4 bolts that hold the plastic frame around the monitor - remove them and you're golden.

I think he said the chassis was gone. He could buy a replacement chassis. I'm not sure what model monitor it came with originally. Probably a Nanao. There are generic chassis you can buy to replace it but you may be stuck with 15k which will work with Naomi. VF3 was 25k which I don't think any replacement chassis are capable of using.

If someone could tell you the model of monitor in their VF3 cab you could maybe be a spare monitor chassis. That would be the best option honestly. A flat screen will never look good in that cabinet. I'd try to do everything to get that CRT working first.

Good luck and welcome!

I didn't see (in this thread) where he mentioned the chassis was missing - apologies!

I'll do the homework when I get off work and snag the model and chassis number, if I can get to it - It's just me, alone, and I don't think that I could safely pull that monitor down if the chassis is inaccessible!

Will see if I can get measurements off of the original VF3 marquee as well, just so you have them.

*update

Checked my unit. It has a 33" Wells D9200 monitor using chassis part WGM 2792-UOT29SK

Hopefully you don't need the yoke part number, as I can't get that without pulling the tube! - not gonna happen. I need to be able to walk tomorrow :)

Last edited:
This is the monitor, and all of the wires included with it

There aren't any local resources around here that I can find. I've been looking online even and haven't had any luck finding parts for this one

The only thing I've heard about these monitors is that the company is out of business and was rebranding a discount monitor (according to my internet search)

For now I've ordered a Mobile suit Gundam game to get me by until I can decide if I should do a CF mod or look for a netdimm and raspberry Pi

Attachments

• 20170825_160918.jpg
    20170825_160918.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 20170827_215142.jpg
    20170827_215142.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I couldn't see the tube label clearly, but do recall that it had a white label with blue writing like this. I'll see if I can get a clear shot by reaching up on there with my cell tomorrow, but suspect that we have the same tube. If so, then a d9200 chassis like I described above should get you going

the A## on the tube code denotes the size in cm

A63 = 25in tube
A68 = 27in (aka a Japanese "29in") tube
and this one is A80 which would be a 32in though I think this cab was advertised as a "33in"

I believe the D9200 did come in a 33in version but you'd have to find a 33in D9200 chassis to use and who knows if that's even the right chassis for this tube.

Sega advertised these cabs as a "Mini Deluxe" (the "Deluxe" being the 50in projector model).

I can't seem to find a scanned copy of the mini deluxe manual, but it should list the original monitor chassis that came in this cab.

Hey there. Sorry, my tube is a different manufacturer.

I did find a site that gives the part numbers for a 33" d9200 click

Also found a d9200 27"/33" manual here.

Damn, I'd like to try those parts out. I just can't justify the cost if they arent the right parts.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm going to keep on it

To be honest I'd settle for a large LCD or a whole replacement CRT setup. They just don't come in 30+ or found locally

Back