What's new

Blackfish

Professional
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a pair of Namco Noir Tekken 6 cabinets that came with Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The board was faulty and damaged when the previous owner was attempting to reflow it. Is it possible to replace the Motherboard with the same style board out of a PS3 Super slim (PS3 Model 30001 KTE-001)?

I have the complete System 369 unit with damaged mobo, I have both the necessary HDD and both dongles. Is it a case of swapping out the mobo and the hdd? Are there Firmware issues that will stop this or is the FW updated by the HDD. What is required to get it running again?

Has anyone had to do this before?

Thanks for your help

I will send a pic later but the whole GPU chip has been ripped from the board and cracked. looks like he was trying to remove the heatsink. I dont think its meant to removed. The processor has had its heatsink removed.

Is the pcb itself damaged? Or just the gpu?

I will have a closer look when I get home. I think the PCB might be alright since most of the solder would've been pretty weak. That being said if enough force was used to pull the chip off the board it wouldn't surprise me if it has done some damage to PCB.

I might be able to source a non working Tekken 6 PCB set that I could get reflowed. Would rather get this TTT2 going though. It sucks as I have 2 pairs of versus cabinets that I cant use at the the moment. I will update with some pics later see what you think. Thanks for your help.

If I had to guess, I would say the 369 motherboard uses a custom bios that makes it boot from the usb and hard drive instead of looking for a blu-ray drive like a retail ps3 would use. As long as the 369 board does not have any custom hardware and you could flash the custom bios to it, then just maybe it would work. Of course this is all just conjecture.

Chip Damage.jpg

Here's Pics of the damage, looks like a few of the pads have been ripped out. I would assume this means its not repairable. I had a better look at the board and there are definitely a few small differences between the generic Super Slim PS3 and this. The main one seems to be the bluetooth module has been removed. So it I'm not sure if it would be possible just to flash a board with the custom bios. Also i don't have a copy of the bios.

Attachments

• PCB Damage.jpg
    PCB Damage.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 672
Hard to tell from the pictures. It may be damaged but I wouldn't know until I had it in hand. You can send the pcb and chip to me if you like. I can take a look at it.

Hard to tell from the pictures. It may be damaged but I wouldn't know until I had it in hand. You can send the pcb and chip to me if you like. I can take a look at it.
I'd have to see the costs involved in sending it half way around the world. There are a few PS3 repair guys locally that I might see if they can do something.

I would still need to buy a replacement chip even if the PCB could be saved.

If you look at the chip you can see that its definitely damaged beyond repair on the side. Also you can see the pads still attached to the chip.Are pads normally repairable on a board like this?

The PS3 CPU has some sort of one time programming memory which hold unique per console information. It's tied to the flashrom data in the mainboard and the system controller MCU. You can move these chips around to another motherboard if you move them together. But considering that your CELLBE chip is broken, that system is done for.

You need a whole system to replace it.

The PS3 CPU has some sort of one time programming memory which hold unique per console information. It's tied to the flashrom data in the mainboard and the system controller MCU. You can move these chips around to another motherboard if you move them together. But considering that your CELLBE chip is broken, that system is done for.

You need a whole system to replace it.
Yeah thats what I thought. Now I'm waiting for a Tekken 6 board that needs to be reballed to turn up. Hopefully I can get that sorted and then setup the 2 Noir cabs in VS.

One of these days, I need to get my Tekken 6 Namco System 357 board fixed, I will also need a hard drive and dongle set for it as its lacking the dongle.

Back