What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I also don't feel comfortable paying $500 for a single game but I don't get this debate at all.

I think the most expensive game I bought was Samurai Shodown 5 Special MVS version from yahoo auctions for 35000 ienes ~ 300 usd.

If you want the game for cheap buy the dreamcast version. That's what I did when they released all games as a bundle.

As far as I know it's basically the same game with minor changes.
And as a bonus you can play with the dreamcast official arcade stick, that I find soo guud. :)

I've been playing my 161 in 1 cart a lot in anticipation of the release of this cart... can't wait.

:D

Is anyone here familar with the ArcadeSD board? You can buy a license to play Donkey Kong II Jumpman Returns from here:

http://jeffsromhack.com/products/d2k.htm

and load that on to your ArcadeSD board. Basically you buy the license for your serial numbered board so it will only play on your board.

I wonder if something similar could be done with the NG:DEV games for the multi cart.

So basically buy the license from NG:DEV for each game you want (giving DS his cut of course!) and download it right from their website.

How cool would that be...

Is anyone here familar with the ArcadeSD board? You can buy a license to play Donkey Kong II Jumpman Returns from here:

and load that on to your ArcadeSD board. Basically you buy the license for your serial numbered board so it will only play on your board.

I wonder if something similar could be done with the NG:DEV games for the multi cart.

So basically buy the license from NG:DEV for each game you want (giving DS his cut of course!) and download it right from their website.

I already asked them some time ago and their answer was clearly NO. Maybe they reconsider in the future but for now that's what it is. :huh:

I already asked them some time ago and their answer was clearly NO. Maybe they reconsider in the future but for now that's what it is. :huh:
After the release you should offer your services to NG:DEV for a board based somewhat on the multi for the exclusive use of their games after buying the needed licenses from them.
That would allow them to sell games more cheaply and raise sales from then on. They could even cash in on the previous titles I would imagine.

This looks like a MAME based board which they supply licensed ROMs on...
supposedly it's not MAME based but their own emulator.
if you use "MAME" and "ArcadeSD" in the same sentence over on KLOV those are fighting words... I learned that the hard way :whistling:

FWIW a lot of the purests over on klov do speak highly of the emulation quality on ArcadeSD. I have no idea how accurate it is personally. IT's arguably better than the 60in1 boards (though it aught to be for the price)

FWIW a lot of the purests over on klov do speak highly of the emulation quality on ArcadeSD. I have no idea how accurate it is personally. IT's arguably better than the 60in1 boards (though it aught to be for the price)
Pretty sure it's not mame based otherwise the games list would be a lot bigger.

It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good and could be a lot better if there were ever any future updates.

But I'm super happy with it as is.

The old school games list is impressive. MOST of them play and sound great. What you wish the 60 in 1 would have been. :(

Last edited:
Ask them again after you sell 10,000 units of your multi...

Last edited:
Ask them again after you sell 10,000 units of your multi...
How would they profit from them? Unless somebody is paying royalties to NG:DEV..

How would they profit from them? Unless somebody is paying royalties to NG:DEV..
They can do a license key that's tied to a unique number in the hardware. At least that's how I've seen other devices do that kind of thing.

That would prevent sharing the files unless someone went out of their way to crack it... but even now someone could rip and share the roms on their official carts.

They can do a license key that's tied to a unique number in the hardware. At least that's how I've seen other devices do that kind of thing.
But that would mean that the Darksoft Multicartridge would need a similar unique ID as the NG:DEV carts would be using.
And even than, if the check in not done in hardware, the 90h-gang will arrive soon anyway.

So unless Darksoft supports it in HW, it would be a no go from the perspective of NG:DEV.

But that would mean that the Darksoft Multicartridge would need a similar unique ID
maybe, maybe not. I don't konw what hardware DS is using inside his multi so I can't say if a unique id is available or not. I know most (all?) FPGAs contain a unique id as do some MCUs. IF there are multiple serialized devices you could potentially even combine them. If for some strange reason there are no serial numbers available in any of the hardware components worst case is they could use the unique ID of a given SD card.

Last edited:
There's uniqueID for each cart and support for encryption. It's not like NeoSD that it`s always activated. Here it can be switched on and then only code prepared for that cart will work there. No need to say that each cart has his unique ID so, each user with a license will get a different binary.

But that's for the future guys, now lets focus on releasing finally the cart :)

I'm sure it would be able to run them with some hacks and jump wires, but unless NGDEV says it's ok, it won't happen. Period.
NGDEV should be kissing your ass DS, you could actually release the hardware anyway you damn well please...
But you are CHOOSING to respect them by not supporting the games without permission, it's an honorable stance.

If I was in charge, I don't think I would be so respectful. :whistling:

Also...

You act like those games are available for purchase, do you suggest I go pay 1000 dollars for gunlord 2nd hand?
Uh... I don't suggest you go pay more than 15$ for a copy of Gunlord.
The game sucks real hard, not to mention looks like something that could be running on Sega Genesis, not my 24 Mega Powa NG! ;)

Gunlord MVS
01_zps727a0aa4.png

Mega Turrican Genesis
mega-turrican-virtual-console-20080422103908087-000.jpg

I'm sure it would be able to run them with some hacks and jump wires, but unless NGDEV says it's ok, it won't happen. Period.
NGDEV should be kissing your ass DS, you could actually release the hardware anyway you damn well please...But you are CHOOSING to respect them by not supporting the games without permission, it's an honorable stance.

If I was in charge, I don't think I would be so respectful. :whistling:
Remember, Darksoft and Mitsu are "Game Guys" and are being respectful of a company that is still making games for classic hardware.

Add this to the list of multiple reasons why they are so respected in the classic gaming community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back