What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi Oi! Just caught Mitsurugi's video, a most impressive display.

I see an un-populated location on the board are you considering adding a pin header for an optional coin cell battery? That would be an expedient way to eliminate the need to reread in the Dram at boot...

And are you planning on implementing the multi-link functionality?

Thank you gents for your time.

~Cyd

Damn, this is the motivation I needed to work on the monitor issues on my Neo Candy 29, can't wait to get it up and running with this cart.

The POW man walking from left to right IS really annoying (not the animation itself but the waiting time) :D

Such a feat! Sold!

I'd like to add my comments to the single game autoboot camp. It was my impression that the four slots on the cart would function like a 4 slot Neo Geo. I.E. The four games (now three) would cycle through their respective attract modes and could be selected by pressing the select game button. I must have misunderstood the intention of and meaning of SLOTS as it relates to the Mulitgame cart. This is a minor issue.

I would however like the ability to configure the cart to boot like an original single game cart and have it work in a multi-slot Neo Geo with other carts where it will cycle through attract mode and can be selected via the select game button. Is this something it does now or will this be coming in a firmware update?

:thumbsup:

Sublime!

1. Good choice to be able to disable the first screen - takes way too much time (despite looking so nice :) ).
  2. Feature suggestion: At bootup screen, why not use UP and DOWN to select (and boot) either of the 3 flashed games?

Vertical menu looks fantastic. I like that much more than the horizontal one.
It would be even better if you could push the lever left/right to select games starting with the next/previous letter. Or games in the next screen, if you have the option to show them all selected. That would work wonders IMO. Like the 161in1.

I didn't bash the NeoSD either
I disagree with you, Mitsu. Just the final image on the video, and other comments regarding the neosd cart, did not sound "professional". It is my understanding they have bashed DS project before because of some technical features, or something, but there is no need for such comments, just showing the technical facts and letting people choose.

Oi Oi! Just caught Mitsurugi's video, a most impressive display.

I see an un-populated location on the board are you considering adding a pin header for an optional coin cell battery? That would be an expedient way to eliminate the need to reread in the Dram at boot...
This, having a battery for keeping the memory would be great. If it gets empty or is not present, the cart will reload the contents on the RAM (like on the video) but if the battery is there, then instant boot, like a real cart.

If you don't want your product to get bashed, then build a better product.

It's cool @Mitsurugi-w, I was all about the jabs. Now if you could just show that Dodonpachi working video...

I didn't bash the NeoSD either
I disagree with you, Mitsu. Just the final image on the video, and other comments regarding the neosd cart, did not sound "professional". It is my understanding they have bashed DS project before because of some technical features, or something, but there is no need for such comments, just showing the technical facts and letting people choose.
Perhaps it could be perceived as "unprofessional," but as I recall, all Mitsu said was something to the effect of "this blows away the [load time of] NeoSD." And, taking some liberty, the final image is a pictorial summation of the sweet justice of making a product that is clearly more capable than the NeoSD. These "jabs" are not even in the same universe as the abuse DS and Mitsu put up with elsewhere.
-ud

Vertical menu looks fantastic. I like that much more than the horizontal one.
It would be even better if you could push the lever left/right to select games starting with the next/previous letter. Or games in the next screen, if you have the option to show them all selected. That would work wonders IMO. Like the 161in1.
I didn't see evidence that couldn't still happen.

Agree to disagree. To me "bashing" would be just totally tearing down everything about the other product. I took a few jabs but that's what you do in competition. I could have said I was going to eat their babies or something. If you think I was unprofessional then you never saw how we were treated by a mod at the Neo forums. In fact, the NeoSD only came around as an attempt to screw us over. That was malicious, not some little jabs in a video. I thought the image at the end was humorous, honestly.

I don't remember saying that the NeoSD was a horrible product anywhere. If you can tell me at what time I did I'd like to see. And looking bad in a side-by-side video is not my fault. The video isn't lying. If I really wanted to be mean I could have completely left out the puzzle bobble loading segment where they actually booted first. I think I was WAY more fair in the video than I could have been.

Agree to disagree. To me "bashing" would be just totally tearing down everything about the other product. I took a few jabs but that's what you do in competition. I could have said I was going to eat their babies or something. If you think I was unprofessional then you never saw how we were treated by a mod at the Neo forums. In fact, the NeoSD only came around as an attempt to screw us over. That was malicious, not some little jabs in a video. I thought the image at the end was humorous, honestly.
I don't remember saying that the NeoSD was a horrible product anywhere. If you can tell me at what time I did I'd like to see. And looking bad in a side-by-side video is not my fault. The video isn't lying. If I really wanted to be mean I could have completely left out the puzzle bobble loading segment where they actually booted first. I think I was WAY more fair in the video than I could have been.
Sure, you did not say it was horrible, but saying that your product "blows the competition out of the water" in the first minute of the video and that you are clear winner, did not sound fine to me. Do not get me wrong, I thing DS cart is the best one from my standpoint, it has the features I look for (fast loading times being important to me) but IMO, such conclusions should be left to the viewers, not be expressed in the video. Anyway, that was just my $0.02 and nothing else, I'm not looking to anger anybody, just trying to be constructive.

I thought the image at the end was humorous, honestly.
200.webp

can i get a copy of that image :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back