What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are dealing with chasing bugs in the rewritten menu. It has fixed some things but introduced new things. We will iron it all out soon enough. Sorry it's taking so long. There are multiple people working on debugging at this point. Keep in mind this is our first menu based multi which we came into with zero menu writing experience. The good news is most of the menu code can be recycled in future projects.

As for a release date, that I can't answer. We could have released the cart with the menu from the video but I think we wanted it more polished first.

Will this be cheaper or more expensive than the NeoSD? Also, where will the cart be based out of this way I can factor in shipping?

Will this be cheaper or more expensive than the NeoSD? Also, where will the cart be based out of this way I can factor in shipping?
Price is about $400, and at this point the place for it to be sold from has not been announced, but I have a strong feeling it may be somewhere in Poland...

:D

And to everyone waiting, keep the faith, as Darksoft and Mitsu have only, in the last month, released a new batch of ST-V multi's and released the F3 multi's, all the while working on the Neo multi, and the Deco multi...and who knows what else!

8o

Bugs in different board revisions...makes sense, thanks. Just knowing that is a help to temper expectations. Personally, I'd rather wait until you guys both feel like you can stand behind it 100%. Again, just speaking for myself, no rush at all, just was itching to hear how the progress is coming.

Thanks for doing that.

Price is about $400, and at this point the place for it to be sold from has not been announced, but I have a strong feeling it may be somewhere in Poland...

And to everyone waiting, keep the faith, as Darksoft and Mitsu have only, in the last month, released a new batch of ST-V multi's and released the F3 multi's, all the while working on the Neo multi, and the Deco multi...and who knows what else!

8o
At $400 that's more than a reasonable price.

So... 400$ will be 360€ or is going to happen like in the console/computer/putwhatyouwanthere market conversions where 1$ equals to 1€ ?

So... 400$ will be 360€ or is going to happen like in the console/computer/putwhatyouwanthere market conversions where 1$ equals to 1€ ?
I think the quoted price was always in euros and approximate. So 400+ euros.

For the record NeoSD is 400 euros. I can't see Darksoft's superior product being less.

Whatever it is I'm cool with it. If you want to play on original hardware and don't have the hundreds of dollars to shell out for games like Pulstar this is a bargain. If you're looking to play just the Fatal Fury games, Pulstar, Viewpoint, Magician Lord, and Garou then this completely covers it even at a grand. DS obviously wants this to be a top notch product and you get what you pay for.

I was wondering though, on the menus, it was said that they could be skinned. Is that still on the table?

As per the first post, the price is about $400 (as per Darksoft), which I take to mean, just a little more...because that's what you get from DarksoftMitsu Corp. (DarkMitsCo for short, or just DMC for those who know...)

Run DMC.png

Which one is DS ?!

I was wondering though, on the menus, it was said that they could be skinned. Is that still on the table?
This is probably Darksoft's most important design decision for the Neo Geo Multi. The plan is still opensource the menu post release. This hasn't changed.

By opensourcing the menu, skins being possible is just a small benefit. It allows other fledgling talented people to know the hardware better, leverage their skills, add their ideas. Opens up homebrewing. Don't think this feature is going away.

If you want a beta tester for the aes version, I've got an "armoured" aes, serial between 20k & 33k ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back