What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the unibios does the multi still allow the same type of options as the uni? ie region select etc...

Yes, we found a type of board that didnt boot with Unibios. I'm also fixing some small bugs. That should be pretty much it.
Will having a Unibios installed be mandatory?
No. So far it works much better without a Unibios. It's something we are working on.
It should still work with Unibios, right? I have an OMEGA consolized MVS and I'm hoping I don't have to make any modifications to make the Darksoft MVS multi work on it.

It should still work with Unibios, right? I have an OMEGA consolized MVS and I'm hoping I don't have to make any modifications to make the Darksoft MVS multi work on it.
We are working on it. Seems to work fine with when the cart is in single game mode. Crashes the unibios when switching virtual slots on the cart. We'll get it worked out.

Really annoying this doesn't support NGdevteam games. Mnemo mod for dreamcast works fine with them.

You act like those games are available for purchase, do you suggest I go pay 1000 dollars for gunlord 2nd hand?

400$ is just a stupid amount to pay for a game, even if it was new.

This should be about preservation, regardless of developer.

I seriously doubt it's that hard to program support considering the games run on 20 year old hardware.

Really annoying this doesn't support NGdevteam games. Mnemo mod for dreamcast works fine with them.

You act like those games are available for purchase, do you suggest I go pay 1000 dollars for gunlord 2nd hand?

I seriously doubt it's that hard to program support considering the games run on 20 year old hardware.
The games were also ported to Dreamcast. Re-written to work with the system.

NGdevteam games aren't standard MVS cartridges. They have a bunch of their own processors and other things on the cart PCB's. Hardware that is not present in actual SNK releases. It's the same idea as to why SD2SNES and others don't support SuperFX chips.

Used NGDev MVS carts pop up regularly for $600, which is just about what they run new (I want to say Kraut Buster ran me $565 or so with the exchange rate), so $1000 isn't accurate. They also don't sell quickly, they just sit there at that price for weeks before someone buys.

See above, their games don't actually run on 20 year old hardware, they just use it as a pass-through for audio/video/controls, really... They're more like modern hardware in an MVS shell.

Your post is full of uneducated statements and unnecessary hostility. For a first post, it's a doozy.

Last edited:
While I appreciate that you're allowed to be completely honest with posts, knowing the audience goes a long way.

That's interesting, so what you guys are saying is that even if NG Dev decided to allow the DS cart to play their ROMS, the actual cart wouldn't be able to do so?

That's interesting, so what you guys are saying is that even if NG Dev decided to allow the DS cart to play their ROMS, the actual cart wouldn't be able to do so?
I'm sure it would be able to run them with some hacks and jump wires, but unless NGDEV says it's ok, it won't happen. Period.

Wow, for being your first post you sure do sound like a troll...

Just saying.

Forget about the NGdevteam stuff, what I want to know is will this multi cart be
Max Mega Giga Power Pro-Gear Spec?

:D

Last edited:
I wish we'd get a strong hint at what other system the cart could run.

Obviously 100% functionality on Neo systems is first and foremost but I'd like another hint. :D

I'm sure it would be able to run them with some hacks and jump wires, but unless NGDEV says it's ok, it won't happen. Period.
No worries, that much is clear and OK. I just got curious if there was an FPGA in the NGDEV carts or something. That one guy said their carts are whole systems and the NG only is a pass through. Now I think that was just hyperbole and it's just they put some minor copy protection on their carts.

No worries, I don't want to pirate the only freaking company still making games for the NG!

Everyone else, just relax and enjoy ALL the other games you'll get to play soon!

No worries, that much is clear and OK. I just got curious if there was an FPGA in the NGDEV carts or something. That one guy said their carts are whole systems and the NG only is a pass through. Now I think that was just hyperbole and it's just they put some minor copy protection on their carts.
No worries, I don't want to pirate the only freaking company still making games for the NG!

Everyone else, just relax and enjoy ALL the other games you'll get to play soon!
And somewhere WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY earlier in this thread someone else said they're FPGA driven or something similar. I simply restated that information. If it's incorrect, my apologies.

They're certainly not your average AES/MVS PCB's though!

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam/status/893534653340151808

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back