What's new
Go for it! The worst case scenario is putting together wiring adapters. Best-case is you get a yet to be released custom JVS I/O.

Look it up, but FZero might use a Sega Type 1 I/O. If so, it would be compatible with the I/O I've been working on (turned over project to darksoft).

I just kind of wonder if the wheel's vertical movement would be distracting in other games. I would also be curious about the turn radius, but that wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I can't recall if that would have a Type 1 or Type 3 Triforce. Type 1's can't play Mario Kart.

Go for it! The worst case scenario is putting together wiring adapters. Best-case is you get a yet to be released custom JVS I/O.

Look it up, but FZero might use a Sega Type 1 I/O. If so, it would be compatible with the I/O I've been working on (turned over project to darksoft).

I just kind of wonder if the wheel's vertical movement would be distracting in other games. I would also be curious about the turn radius, but that wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I can't recall if that would have a Type 1 or Type 3 Triforce. Type 1's can't play Mario Kart.
It's Type-1 Triforce, so I'd at minimum need to find a second Triforce T_T. They said it "has no more than 5 driver board errors". So who knows what I'd be getting myself into, but it's a cool cab.

It's HUGE. 505kg and 8'4x3'4x6'8. But it's so cool... It does come apart a bunch though.

Last edited:
lucky bastard. But i would never find a place to squeeze a deluxe cab so the standard ver. Is fine. I didn't snap a pic on what kind of stuff was in the f zero but mine has a type 3 triforce

lucky bastard. But i would never find a place to squeeze a deluxe cab so the standard ver. Is fine. I didn't snap a pic on what kind of stuff was in the f zero but mine has a type 3 triforce
That's weird. It shows incompatible on AO's wiki. They must be wrong I guess.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure if it's lucky or I'm just going to have a DX cab sitting in storage for 20 years, lol.

then my brain must be broken. It was a year ago since I opened it up and now its stuck in storage unit

There's a big stupid deluxe AX near me for next to nothing that only sort of works, debating grabbing it, tossing it in storage until I move, and having an all-in-one super swag racing cab when I'm done.
DOOO IIIT

do it so I can live vicariously through you.

If it's the deluxe cab it has the motion drive boards as well. I don't have much experience with that game specifically but a lot of those motion games it end just just being filthy or worn sensors or bad grounds on the sensors, either end stop sensors, or position sensors, or safety sensors. They have redundant sensor for all that stuff and then shut the whole thing down if any of them don't report back correctly to keep the machine from damaging itself or someone, and usually it's just a matter of cleaning the damn thing.

do it so I can live vicariously through you.
It IS the deluxe cab!

Everything you just told me has me amped up to go get this thing and hope it's just dirty. I have literally nowhere but storage to put it (and only have storage because of Planet Harriers tomorrow), so I won't be able to work on it anytime soon at all.

I'm mostly just worried about transport. My truck is tall, no tailgate, and no hitch. Can't seem to find anyone with a hitch either. A trailer would be way easier than lifting each individual piece into the bed...

3 friends and a keg of beer should be enough for payment
I don't know many people here in CA T_T. Three of us got a Drummania up a flight of stairs though, and that's easily 500lbs or more. I can't imagine the heaviest part of this is more than that.

Who knows. I'm probably in over my head. Either way, I'm gonna try!

I think the I/O is Type 1, however, I would have to double check.

You actually need some force to tilt the steering wheel, so the vertical movement should be a non-issue.

That's weird. It shows incompatible on AO's wiki. They must be wrong I guess.
My (standard) AX has a Type 3 as well.

looks like my brain still works!! I remember looking at a fat purple L thing in it before I knew it was a triforce

Hookay. So in the end, the crazy with the F-Zero was a crazy and I never got it, plus I'm glad I didn't as it was beyond trashed.

BUT after many pushes on here that this is the ideal cab, and some luck at the auction, I am now the proud owner of one Maximum Tune 1, and one Maximum Tune 3. Both right sides with coin box unfortunately, so I see some drilling and filling in my future.

MT1 has a Chihiro Type 3 in it, so my understanding is that compatibility is:

Crazy Taxi High Roller - NO
Maximum Tune 1 - YES
Maximum Tune 2 - YES
Outrun 2 - YES
Outrun 2 SP - YES

I intend to CF boot from here on out with the drivers as I don't think it's worth the expense/effort to netboot. Unless that's easier on these since it's a Type 3? What with not needing to buy a NetDIMM?

Is that right, I'll need to buy a Type 3 in order to run CTHR?

And it's one system per cab, or one system per pair?

And the Triforce will be more or less drop-in? And that Type 3 will play F-Zero, and both Mario Karts?

CTHR is for Type 1 but has been hacked to work on Type 3.

Same with F Zero for Triforce though our very own Darksoft hacked it to work on Type 3. ;)
This is fantastic information, thank you! I should look and see if the version of CTHR I have works or if I need to find the hacked version. I'm not sure where mine came from.

And thank you @Darksoft for fixing F-Zero!

Reading through TwistedSymphony's guide, it looks like I don't need any additional hardware to netboot, so that is excellent.

Now I just need to go about finding hardware for the rest of the games.

I don't know a lot about the IO in WMMT. By default it doesn't meet the requirements for OR2. There are jumpers on it, but not sure what they do. OR2 wants a 2P configuration, and it's 1P for WMMT.

If you're not interested in keeping the WMMT3 motherboard, I might be interested.

I don't know a lot about the IO in WMMT. By default it doesn't meet the requirements for OR2. There are jumpers on it, but not sure what they do. OR2 wants a 2P configuration, and it's 1P for WMMT.

If you're not interested in keeping the WMMT3 motherboard, I might be interested.
I think I have a deal set to trade for a second Chihiro Type 3, that way I can link my cabs. If it falls through I'll let you know. I have pretty much zero interest in WMMT.

Well, the IO business is definitely sad news. I'd just assumed that all Chihiro Type 3 driving games would use the same IO.

I think I have a deal set to trade for a second Chihiro Type 3, that way I can link my cabs. If it falls through I'll let you know. I have pretty much zero interest in WMMT.
Well, the IO business is definitely sad news. I'd just assumed that all Chihiro Type 3 driving games would use the same IO.
They can all use a Sega Type 1. WMMT and Mario Kart aren't picky, but you won't be able to use the Mode Change button on a Sega Type 1 since it's P1 switch 10 or something like that and the Sega Type 1 doesn't have that switch available. I honestly don't know what that button is for, though.

Jumpers on the Namco IO might put it into a usable configuration for other games, but wiring to get controls mapped up might be challenging.

I will be adapting my WMMT cab's to use my custom Mega JVS I/O, but not sure when I'll get to it.

They can all use a Sega Type 1. WMMT and Mario Kart aren't picky, but you won't be able to use the Mode Change button on a Sega Type 1 since it's P1 switch 10 or something like that and the Sega Type 1 doesn't have that switch available. I honestly don't know what that button is for, though.
Jumpers on the Namco IO might put it into a usable configuration for other games, but wiring to get controls mapped up might be challenging.

I will be adapting my WMMT cab's to use my custom Mega JVS I/O, but not sure when I'll get to it.
Guess tomorrow I should find out what IO's are in each of them, and go from there!

Back