What's new

komidore64

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi folks!

My name is Adam and I come to you from Raleigh, North Carolina.

I'm fairly new to the arcade hobby/scene, but i'm really excited to get to know y'all and learn lots about fixing things and keeping my two Blast Cities running in tip-top shape! I've learned a lot from all the great internet resources.

Some of my other hobbies include mechanical keyboards and video gaming of all varieties.

Currently I have two Sega Blast Cities. I'm really hoping to get a Vewlix or two in the future but we'll see if that pans out or not. I'm not opposed to other sit-down LCD cabs either like the Delta32 or G-Balance.

Games that I have:

DoDonPachi - Japanese version
CPS2 w/ Street Fighter Alpha 3
Sega ST-v w/ Die Hard Arcade
Raiden
Raiden II
Neo Geo MVS
- Puzzle Bobble
- KoF 98
- KoF 2002 (bootleg)
- Metal Slug
- Neo Turf Masters
- Magical Drop II
- Neo Bomberman

I'm also learning how to build and repair electronics, mostly for arcade and console gaming. It's been a ton of fun realizing that electronics aren't magic! So far I've made a couple wiring looms and I'm working on a DIY supergun for my workbench. Thanks to Lemony Vengeance and OneCircuit (on youtube), among others, for piquing my interest in figuring out electronics.

Looking forward to becoming a part of this community! Thanks!

Oh, and I have some lazy cats.

Welcome!

Nice Blast cabs. I read thru some of your stuff, you keep some good notes on your progress.

Welcome! +1 for using a github repo to keep track of things. I'm thinking you should skip the ST-V carts you're after and just pick up a darksoft multi, save some bucks in the process! +kcarcadegame here sells cabs too: Full Machines and Parts

I love these entries/notes:

2017-09-18_13-35-10.jpg
"Way too Much" Indeed :D Cave prices are getting even more insane lately
And congrats on getting that DoDonPachi - they are getting harder to find for sale these days

8hFdJfu.jpg

Nice job on the harness :)
Love the 07/17/15 entry in your notes :thumbsup:

welcome ;) ...also have 2 blasts! ...and a NAC ...just to beat you :evil:

Welcome! +1 for using a github repo to keep track of things. I'm thinking you should skip the ST-V carts you're after and just pick up a darksoft multi, save some bucks in the process! +kcarcadegame here sells cabs too: Full Machines and Parts
Yeah! I am probably going to do that! I heard about Darksoft's Multi ST-V a long time ago, but every thing I'd found (short of joining arcade-projects) seemed to act like it was a one-run-and-done kind of deal. I figured i'd missed the boat and was out of luck.

After joining I immediately found the ST-V Multi thread and saw something about manufacturing runs every 6-9 months ish. Got me really excited!

welcome ;) ...also have 2 blasts! ...and a NAC ...just to beat you :evil:
Heh, I am jealous. Ideally I wanted to start out with one Blast and one Astro, but I started getting a little impatient and just ordered two Blasts at the same time.

I love these entries/notes:

2017-09-18_13-35-10.jpg
"Way too Much" Indeed :D Cave prices are getting even more insane lately
And congrats on getting that DoDonPachi - they are getting harder to find for sale these days

8hFdJfu.jpg

Nice job on the harness :)
Love the 07/17/15 entry in your notes :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words :)

It would be really nice if I could get around to selling CP harnesses, etc. We'll see.

I'd already accepted my fate that I'd never own a CAVE board hah! Then it appeared on eBay and my wife told me, "Do whatever you gotta do to get it. You love that game. Go for it." Bless her :D

There's another one that just popped up maybe two days ago.

oh no... The wife is also interested in the games as well. RIP wallet.

Welcome,

Another software engineer, nice!

Great collection and cabs.

You will find top quality members here.

If your supergun project wears you out, RGB should have another run of his Home Arcade System supergun sets coming soon.

I have both the current and previous version if you want to take a look at it.

"Do whatever you gotta do to get it. You love that game. Go for it." Bless her :D"
SHE IS A KEEPER :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back