What's new

skate323k137

Enlightened
Reaction score
I wanted an easy/portable solution for using fight sticks on NAOMI / Ringedge / lingbergh. I ended up settling on making this guy:

20170922_180935.jpg

Nothing really ground breaking here. To use it, you just plug a USB(JVS) cable from your system to the IO. Plug both the system and this board into the same regulated power source, and switch it on. Hot swappable PS3/360 controllers on JVS :)

Also, the D-Sub connectors split, so you can plug in db15 joysticks to the S-JIHP. That way either player can use a d15 wired controller instead of a ps3/360 controller.

I would like to replace the PSU with a sun PSU though, so that this rig by itself can also power the JVS system being used if it's not a ringedge or lindy (i.e. 256 or NAOMI). Perhaps I'll get to that at some point here.

Cool man, I like it. You could probably bundle it all together into an even smaller package/case with only the needed connectors exposed for power and controllers.

Cool man, I like it. You could probably bundle it all together into an even smaller package/case with only the needed connectors exposed for power and controllers.
Oh I'm sure. Once I recap my extra SUN PSU, I'll probably rebuild this all into a better / safer to move setup. For now though it works well for UNIB and melty blood :)

PM'ed your way regarding (building) providing external power to two Fast I/O board for a Darious Burst setup TTX2 setup.

Just had a moment of "What took me so long to think of this."

I grabbed the 2nd JVS cable (usually used for cab link or trackball IO) and hooked up this board as a 2nd IO.

Instant 4P action!! Beach spikers works great, as should power stone 2 and WWF royal rumble.

23313208_10156164280492448_1551361963_o.jpg

Yeah, that's an application that's really cool for the USB Decoders is to add more than 2-player capability to a 2 player cab. Just plug in extra sticks, pull up some stools and do some 3 & 4 player games. I suppose the same could be true for a 1 player cab (adding more players).
-ud

Not really related to this, but turning 2 player cabs to 4 player cabs talk got me thinking of turning tag games into proper 2 vs 2. Needs to work on an honour system though.

Thanks again for those of you that kept verbose notes. I'm finding it useful to be able to go back and reference these posts. I was trying to figure out today if I could use the encased variant of the Undamned decoder with my S-JIHP, and arrived *here* reading your notes.

https://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/...ed-usb-decoder/1551_undamned-db15-usb-decoder

Update:
I learned that the answer was "no" (unless you remap the layout via the "digital jumpers") for anyone else that winds up here.
Regular joystick and buttons (controller) that works with S-JIHP DB15 port - anyone know of options that are plug and play?

Attachments

• undamned-db15-usb-decoder.jpg
    undamned-db15-usb-decoder.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
You can make a pretty simple adapter if you want to use that with the S-JIHP. I'm considering making a new version of the S-JIHP that does away with the side analog connector and replaces it with a supergun standard connector. If I knew then what I know now I would have probably done it from the start even though my number one reason for the S-JIHP was to make analog controls easier to attain.

In one of my videos I show his open version of the decoder working with my S-JIHP. You just had to do some wiring yourself.

Back