What's new
I have an opportunity to pick up a few (15) broken chassis for free (MS9, PF D29C051, etc). Is it worth my time and money to try and get these repaired?
They're very widely documented, and not awfully difficult to work on.

I didn't know the Toshiba one was well documented. I'm still waiting on counts and type of chassis. I'm still chasing a problem with one of my 2930. He had a few 2932 as well that i might take for parts. Lets hope this deal pan out and custom don't charge me to much for it.

I didn't know the Toshiba one was well documented. I'm still waiting on counts and type of chassis. I'm still chasing a problem with one of my 2930. He had a few 2932 as well that i might take for parts. Lets hope this deal pan out and custom don't charge me to much for it.
If I remember correctly one of them is, and another isn't, but is very similar. I've had to fix a few of the Toshiba ones over the years. Fingers crossed anyhow!

If you can get them cheap enough, there may be profit in there. I have several candy cabs that I wouldn't mind having a few working spares for. I'll for sure buy a few (for whoever wants to repair them).

Back