What's new

skate323k137

Enlightened
Reaction score
It's been a few years since @werejag (and myself) tried to figure out this board.

I used the picture he found and scrapted the web and I think I have it pretty much figured out, minus a couple looms I'd need or would have to make.

Basically the Net City already has 2 cables to the IO. You use the 2nd one to link over to the other cab. I think done right you don't even really need the PSU on in the other cabinet. A good power saving measure if so. Power wise in the net city the Sun PSU has the 2 main plugs for the system and another that supplies +5/+12 to the panel. This needs to be split off (I dont have the loom... see pix below) to power the IO on the main cab, and to send power to the link board for the IO in the 2nd cab.

The PCB has 1 audio in, 2 audio outs, 1 video in, 2 video outs. The USB port for JVS is just a coupler (straight through). Looking at the board I'd guess it needs some power to properly handle video and audio.

Here's the rest of the pics I found from reverse image searching.

Link_1.jpg

Link_2.jpg

Link_3.jpg

Link_4.jpg

Link_5.jpg

Link_6.jpg

Link_7.jpg

Link_8.jpg

Link_9.jpg

Link_10.jpg

Link_11.jpg

Link_12.jpg

Link_13.jpg

Link_14.jpg

Last edited:
Don't the Net-City already have these from the factory?... I always thought that was one of the features that separated the Net-City from the NAOMI Universal.

What is it you're trying to figure out?

They did come factory in the net cities. Mine were missing the split loom (I can power the cabs IO or the link bd but not both without that piece) and intercab loom, and I never found this documentation anywhere else.

I had been trying to figure out if this may remove the need for the 2nd cabs psu (which it does seem to). Other than that it seems pretty straight forward.

I would think the only thing the other cab would need powered is the JVS I/O and the link board. so it seems reasonable that you could use this to "power" the other cab.

my thoughts exactly. It's not really adding any significant load. I've chained the IOs before for a couple games to test what games support it. Most fighters seem to. It would be nice to complie a list.

I had been trying to figure out if this may remove the need for the 2nd cabs psu (which it does seem to). Other than that it seems pretty straight forward.
That's right. The cable in your last pic in the original post will power the IO in the second cab. So no PSU needed.

Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5 DR and Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2 will all work with chained IOs. Those are the ones I have personally tried.

great thread. i still have my single board so yeah id still like info on it

I have 2 boards but I'm missing the 1p power loom (I have 2x 2p side) and the intercab loom. These of course just make it convenient, you don't technically need these to chain IOs. The intercab loom is the same amp connectors as the CP so I can just make one of those.

NAOMI wise I have previously tested at least MvC2 and CvS2, and I think guilty gear games too. I have tekken 5 and kinnikuman 2 on 256, that's really sweet to know!

Might as well post this here, so all the cables are catalogued:

net_city_versus_power_cables.jpg

These are for powering both link boards and the JVS IO in the slave cabinet. Super easy to make your own if you source the necessary AMP UP connectors and pins.

Might as well post this here, so all the cables are catalogued:

net_city_versus_power_cables.jpg

These are for powering both link boards and the JVS IO in the slave cabinet. Super easy to make your own if you source the necessary AMP UP connectors and pins.
Thanks! I have 2 of the left one, just need one of the ones on the right. not a super high priority though, perhaps someday.

I had Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 running in link today. However, it locks up frequently between rounds (and always between, never during). When it locks up none of the controls work, not even the test button.

I haven't had issues with other games. It's the earlier version of the game (Rev A, GDL-0007A), maybe a bug in it?

I assume you checked voltages? NAOMI loves to crash during loading or other cpu intensive activities if 5v is low.

I had Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 running in link today. However, it locks up frequently between rounds (and always between, never during). When it locks up none of the controls work, not even the test button.

I haven't had issues with other games. It's the earlier version of the game (Rev A, GDL-0007A), maybe a bug in it?
With the help of @TMallu we tested the newer version of CVS2 as well (GDL-0008). Unfortunately, we ran into the same problem, after a while the controls just stop responding.

@skate323k137, you mentioned running CVS2 with linked IOs. You didn't have any issues with it?

I haven't done it in quite some time, but I can hook it back up at some point here and see if I have the same issues. Out of curiosity are you using a multi bios? I usually don't suspect them of issues, but it's worth ruling out with a stock bios if you can.

I do have a multibios. I'm pretty sure both of the motherboards we tested had them. That's a good point, it hadn't even crossed my mind.

Give it a shot with a stock one I suppose. Aside from SPAWN I've only had an issue with the N2 bios freezing in initial d 3 under certain conditions. Those are the only 2 issues I recall being able to reproduce reliably where the multi bios was the only variable.

I'm taking a ton of paid time off from work for the rest of the year (we can't roll it over at year end any more...) so I'll have a lot of time to test it myself in the coming days as well if you don't get it figured out.

With the help of @TMallu we tested the newer version of CVS2 as well (GDL-0008). Unfortunately, we ran into the same problem, after a while the controls just stop responding.

@skate323k137, you mentioned running CVS2 with linked IOs. You didn't have any issues with it?
It was latest USA bios when we tried CVS2 GDL-0008.

Back