What's new

archimage

Happy
Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem since this morning, when I turn on the CPS2 it turns on, the LCD shows which game is playing, it also flashes successfully but I get a black screen and no sound.

I tried to reseat everything but it's still the same.

I have done nothing special yesterday, just played some Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, done some settings on freeplay.

Do you know what it could be ? ||

Best regards

Check your microSD it may have gotten corruputed. The best would be to format it again and copy back the files in one single drag+copy move.

Also to test simply remove the sd card and see if the game boots.

Hello !

Thanks for the tips.

I tried sd reformat, it didn't make it, but after doing the short on the EXC5 for 10 seconds it worked again.

Now everything is fine !

Can you please give me a short explanation on what happens there to avoid the causes next time ?

Sometimes it just happens. I know of one member that completely removed the component at exc5 and I believe he said it hadn't needed to be shorted again.

Maybe he will chime in and confirm it's still working.

Sometimes it just happens. I know of one member that completely removed the component at exc5 and I believe he said it hadn't needed to be shorted again.

Maybe he will chime in and confirm it's still working.
yup I removed the ceramic capacitors at exc1 and exc5 and haven't experienced the issue again. Still working great a year later

Thank you ! Next time I get this issue I will remove it and give it a try too. Best regards !

Back