What's new
As with any battery it will leak eventually. Very few motherboards actually have a battery there though. It's worth a look.

I have no idea what that battery does, as Mits point out most don't actually even have one under that white cover.
IF you do have one however, I would recommending cutting/removing it to prevent future acid damage.

yeah I remember getting my first CPS3 and thinking "I wonder what's under that white cover" only to look and find nothing in there :huh:

I didn't even know there could be a battery there. I better check my boards

No batteries on the two i have. Supports the board if you still have it on the metal tray/case

Even stranger than the sometimes battery is the factory repair found on (all?) boards.
You can see it here on the underside of my mobo...
qSC8k84.jpg

Both my rev 2 have them. I guess they found a major design flaw after production?

Both my rev 2 have them. I guess they found a major design flaw after production?
This was my assumption, as every (5) CPS3 mainboard I've ever seen has this (clearly) factory repair.

@streetfighterken maybe has a early revision without the fix?
Or potentially a much later revision where it was corrected at production/board level? :huh:

My '97 SF3NG pcb has that bodge, so if it's an early revision it must have been like one of the first warzard boards or something.

Mine's a 3rd Strike. No battery either BTW, and no holes to suggest it ever did support one. Wonder why they'd bother to add the white box.

Back