What's new

Outside of Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I need help changing the region on a yellow Sega Lindbergh. I have tried pressing the service button 30 time in the system menu and all is does is reveal a new line under the storage device. The reason I want to change my region that I have the Multi kit and every time I load up Virtua Fighter 5 it gives me an error 11. I/O error. I saw in another post that the issue was solved by changing the region from JP -> EXP. I know my I/O PCI card and my Sega JVS are both good. I've already tried to reload the default game and change the region to no avail. Does anyone know a work around?

I haven't seen this posted in this forum so I thought I would post it here.

To: Enter and Change your BIOS:

Hook up a USB keyboard and during the boot sequence press CTL+ALT+S. BIOS password "mssvhy"

I'm not sure what you can do with this info.

Last edited:
after pushing service 30 times doesn't actually change the region, it simply unlocks the ability to change the line where region is specified. I forget what buttons you push to change it but I think you can do it with just service/test.

This only worked on the DarkDawg multi for me, it wouldn't work on an original game for me. I don't remember if it works on the other multi or if there is a different process.

Thanks for the info on the bios though, that's handy :)

Thank you, twistedsymphony. It seems my problem was that i was using the service and test buttons on my cab and not the filter board of the lindbergh. Oh well you live and you learn.

Back