Site issues the past few days?

    • Site issues the past few days?

      Is it just me, or is the site a little wonky lately? Sometimes it will sit on the loading circle after trying to like something, or leave a comment, and then come back with an error about the site's resources all being used, or sometimes the site won't load at all and I get:

      ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes.
    • Error 508... something something resource limit.

      the past few days it's been like coin toss whether clicking a link will work. Even when it does work it's been incredibly slow.

      I think we may have outgrown our host :whistling:
      "Information wants to be free"
      VOOT | RFM | Kraylix V3 | FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| TOTD | DDR
      Follow my projects on Instagram: instagram.com/twistedchu

      Buy my 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
    • Same here for about a week,

      The error that appears the most is:



      508 Resource Limit Is Reached


      If you see a 508 error message in the browser window, it typically means your account is constantly exceeding the resources assigned to it - these can include CPU usage, RAM usage and/or the number of concurrent processes running under your cPanel account.




      Typically, the reason for this could be because your website is;




      1. Overloaded due to visitor numbers - Your website is suddenly receiving a very high amount of traffic (hits) - whether malicious - e.g. DDOS (Denial of Service attack) or not - e.g. you or your business appeared on the front page of Time magazine! Your website will show the error until the traffic subsides or is mitigated, or the resources for your account are increased.
      2. Overloaded due to a badly behaved script or app - If your website has a poorly coded or outdated script or app installed (e.g. an old version of WordPress or an outdated Plugin), it can be a "timebomb" because at some point, other core software on the server are likely to be updated and that can trigger the outdated app or script to malfunction. In this situation, it is common to find that the script / app becomes highly "resource intensive" (e.g. is continuously running and stuck in a loop, trying to suck all the server resources with it!), which in turn can spike the resources associated to your account, leading to the error page. Your website will show the error until the app is terminated or your account's resources have been increased.
      Time for a server upgrade???
      Multis: CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3
      MB: NAOMI 1,2│MV-1FZ & MV-4│IGS PGM│SEGA ST-V│TAITO F3│TTX2,X3
      CAPCOM CPS*│RINGWIDE/RINGEDGE 1, 2│HYPER 64
      LINDBERGH Y/B|IREM M*|CAVE (ALL YOUR BASE)

      +++
    • interesting, I used to hit the memory limit on my VPS for collectorsedition.org all the time.

      I ended up changing some forum settings around concerning caching and I think I move image attachments out of the database and onto the server itself and offloaded email notifications to a google-apps (gmail for business) account... cut it down to only using a tiny fraction of what it was before.

      email was the big one.... you figure a popular thread with 50+ people subscribed to it each getting emails for every comment... that shit can hose your server fast.

      On my web servers at work we have setup where outgoing email is pooled and the service just slowly doles out emails without using more than 10% of the resources. that way scripts that send emails can get on with their life instead of waiting for them to send, and email intensive tasks don't hose the rest of the server when all of a sudden 100 emails need to go out at once.
      "Information wants to be free"
      VOOT | RFM | Kraylix V3 | FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| TOTD | DDR
      Follow my projects on Instagram: instagram.com/twistedchu

      Buy my 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
    • Derick2k wrote:

      Same here for about a week,

      The error that appears the most is:



      508 Resource Limit Is Reached


      If you see a 508 error message in the browser window, it typically means your account is constantly exceeding the resources assigned to it - these can include CPU usage, RAM usage and/or the number of concurrent processes running under your cPanel account.




      Typically, the reason for this could be because your website is;




      1. Overloaded due to visitor numbers - Your website is suddenly receiving a very high amount of traffic (hits) - whether malicious - e.g. DDOS (Denial of Service attack) or not - e.g. you or your business appeared on the front page of Time magazine! Your website will show the error until the traffic subsides or is mitigated, or the resources for your account are increased.
      2. Overloaded due to a badly behaved script or app - If your website has a poorly coded or outdated script or app installed (e.g. an old version of WordPress or an outdated Plugin), it can be a "timebomb" because at some point, other core software on the server are likely to be updated and that can trigger the outdated app or script to malfunction. In this situation, it is common to find that the script / app becomes highly "resource intensive" (e.g. is continuously running and stuck in a loop, trying to suck all the server resources with it!), which in turn can spike the resources associated to your account, leading to the error page. Your website will show the error until the app is terminated or your account's resources have been increased.
      Time for a server upgrade???

      Congratulations Darksoft on getting onto the cover of Time magazine! :P
      Namco Cyber Lead and Sega Astro City owner
      My VAPS Profile
    • xodaraP wrote:

      Congratulations Darksoft on getting onto the cover of Time magazine!
      Lol, hey, you never know.... :)
      Multis: CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3
      MB: NAOMI 1,2│MV-1FZ & MV-4│IGS PGM│SEGA ST-V│TAITO F3│TTX2,X3
      CAPCOM CPS*│RINGWIDE/RINGEDGE 1, 2│HYPER 64
      LINDBERGH Y/B|IREM M*|CAVE (ALL YOUR BASE)

      +++
    • New

      Hey just thinking... I'm constantly logged in here on all 5 of my devices, and am constantly refreshing in hopes of another Neo multi video. Could that be the problem?

      If so just post a preorder and I'll stop; problem solved! :thumbup:
      have multi: cps2 cps3 ttx2 naomi st-v gnet f3
      want multi: cps1 mvs pgm 246/256 system16 system32 m92
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): dreamcast stuff (USB-GDROM + PSU replacement) | CPS2 update to MAME set
    • New

      ekorz wrote:

      Hey just thinking... I'm constantly logged in here on all 5 of my devices, and am constantly refreshing in hopes of another Neo multi video. Could that be the problem?

      If so just post a preorder and I'll stop; problem solved!
      Darksoft already warned me about this.

      3 laptops
      2 desktop
      2 Tvs
      2 ipads
      iPhone
      Connected all the time at the house to AP.com
      2 desktops at work

      I think he said something about cutting it back to a couple of devices. I was like I’ll try, no guarantees. :D

      You gotta start sending your letters to Santa about getting you an MVS multi for x-mas. :)
      Multis: CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3
      MB: NAOMI 1,2│MV-1FZ & MV-4│IGS PGM│SEGA ST-V│TAITO F3│TTX2,X3
      CAPCOM CPS*│RINGWIDE/RINGEDGE 1, 2│HYPER 64
      LINDBERGH Y/B|IREM M*|CAVE (ALL YOUR BASE)

      +++
    • New

      Derick2k wrote:

      You gotta start sending your letters to Santa about getting you an MVS multi for x-mas. :)
      what's his email address? I'll set up a little ruby script so it keeps pinging him until it happens
      have multi: cps2 cps3 ttx2 naomi st-v gnet f3
      want multi: cps1 mvs pgm 246/256 system16 system32 m92
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): dreamcast stuff (USB-GDROM + PSU replacement) | CPS2 update to MAME set