What's new

xanderXone

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I found my way here when researching what I should do with an arcade system that I recently picked up. It is a Capcom "Big Blue" cab with a Naomi GD-ROM system installed. It came with the game "Sports Jam" which is pretty lame IMO, and I'd like to get some better games.

My experience with arcades is pretty limited, having only replaced buttons and joysticks and tinkered around with monitor settings a bit. I only own one other cabinet which is a Neo Geo "Z Cab" with a 150 in 1 multi game cartridge.

I look forward to learning from you all and building up "big blue!"

Welcome Xander. You can do a lot with that system actually. It is probably the greatest arcade multi-system of the late 90's-early 2000's. Some killer apps can be had on that system for not that much more effort.

Post some pics of the board that the GD-ROM is connected to. Specifically, where the cable that connects the GD-ROM to the Naomi. If you have the right, what is called Dimm board, you can right away play some killer games. Take a picture of board where the USB cable is connected to as well. If you have the right I/O board, you are in luck.

Also, what city in California are you in? Perhaps we may be near each other.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live in Fresno, or what I like to call the arm pit of California :)

Here are a couple pics of the hardware. Thanks again for the comments, advice, and welcoming!
IMG_20171113_220201.jpg
IMG_20171113_220416.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171113_220451.jpg
    IMG_20171113_220451.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Bulldogs are A-ok in my book, brutha!

That is a beautiful setup. You should be proud of that baby. And if any of these games listed here interest you, you should be absolutely thrilled!!! I don't want to jam up your intro thread with further instructions, but feel free to post a new topic over at the Naomi forum if you want to know how to get started with multi-booting games on a Naomi setup.

And more pics of the front of that cab please. Particularly the marquee and control panel! Welcome aboard again!

Back