What's new
Right, I meant 4 & 5 are on the Jamma edge (which is not Jamma standard) along with the standard 1, 2, 3 also being on the Jamma edge. Button 6 and beyond on the CN connector.
Vewlix JAMMA kit is wired this way too... Buttons 4 & 5 both on the edge, with only 6 on its own connector.
You can see it here going into my RECO, that among other fantastic features acts as a consolidator (puts 4 & 5 into a CPS2/3 style kicks).
UBNBnc4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a CPS2/3 kick harness in my parts bin. Will I be able to use that?

Thanks for the information everyone, it went a bit over my head, but I'm hoping I can figure this out!

no, that's a CPS2 kick harness. I highly doubt anyone makes a ready-to-buy kick harness for the Sega JAMMA I/O, it's a pretty obscure application.

if you were using the official Capcom I/O with your NAOMI then, yes, that would be the right kick harness, but you don't have that I/O board.

As I said... you need a 14-pin JST NH connector.

you'll need to crimp your own or find someone who can crimp one for you.

Thanks for the clarification∆∆∆

I guess I'll have to make one then. Do you have any recommendations on where I could buy the connector from?

Thanks∆∆∆

But their website is pretty tough to navigate, and from what I can tell the NH connectors don't seem to be available in their shop :(

Search this: H14P-SHF-AA
You also need the pins: SHF-001T-0.8BS
Excellent! The part numbers came up no problem using the search. Thanks for that.

One other question:

Do you know how many pins will I need to buy? I can't tell if that part number is for a single pin or if it comes as a set of 14 since the info on their website doesn't clarify. I want to make sure I order enough.

the only sell them as single pins, always... electronics suppliers don't sell "kits" or "sets"

you don't need all 14 pins, you just need one for each button, plus 1 ground for each player, it can't hurt to get a few extra pins too in case you screw up a crimp.

Don't worry too much about that JST connector. I'll hook you up when you get there since you aren't too far from me. I am getting a few connectors from another forum member. I'll pay it forward. Just hit me up when you get there.

So now you have 3 options to pick from.
  1. CF Booting
  2. Net Booting
  3. Joerg's carts
Pick one, then go from there. I like what @brentradio says above. There are a ton of great games on this system to play.

That would be great! :) Thanks ∆∆∆

From what I've been reading it appears Joerg won't put CvS2 on a multicart so that is out of the question. Since I only want to play a few games really I'm leaning toward buying the original GD-Roms and/or carts.

I'm going to start off with CvS2 since it's as easy as just swapping out the disk and security chip. And also keep my eye out for a MvC2 cart.

From what I've been reading it appears Joerg won't put CvS2 on a multicart
He will but... You'll have to beg/bribe him to do so.
I told him I had to have MvC2 and CvS2, he did his best to persuade me to pick something else.

I demanded that my only interest in one of his carts was for CvS2, and if it didn't include that I wouldn't be buying anything.
He finally agreed if I paid more money, which I happily spent (cart was 250$ shipped).

Good to know ∆∆∆∆ Thanks for the additional information.

Does the multicart keep the high scores and are all of the characters unlocked?

NO :(

But... Now that @MetalliC has kindly hacked MvC2 for us... and a more recent version (bug fix?) of CvS2 has been found...
THESE are the versions of the games you need to DEMAND are burned onto your cart (it's my biggest regret these advancements didn't exist when mine was created).

I decided that I am just going to get the original games. I was able to find a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cart on eBay for $150 shipped so I jumped at it. I'm going to keep my eye out for a good deal on CvS2 as well.

Those were the only two games that I really had to have, and since it wasn't much more expensive than the multicart I decided to go that route.

It looks like I'll need to get that kick harness made in about a month. Are you expecting to have the jst connectors before then @acblunden2 ?

Last edited:
Should be here by then. I am going to send the member the cash tomorrow. I will attach short lead wires to it. You'll just need to splice longer wire to run to your cab's buttons. I'll shoot you a PM when I get it.

You'll also need to find out where the 1st and 2nd player SW4, SW5 are running to from your JAMMA harness in your cab. That will be SHORT and MEDIUM kick buttons. Once you find them, label them. You'll have to jumper the ground that is coming off your existing buttons to those as well. Here is a diagram. Look towards the bottom left and you'll see where SW4 and SW5 are. Helps if you have a multi meter to test for continuity. Harbor Freight has some for free with any purchase. For continuity testing, those cheap things will work well.

naomijamma.gif

Back