What's new
want to share that PHP scripts
it's really nothing to special. Basically you point it at your roms dir and py script, amd when you load it in a browser it makes a list of all .bin and .dat files in the dir as clickable links. I can post it if you want but the pi web stuff probably looks much nicer.

The neo multi cart you have is a cheap knock off so some games won't play well.

Net booting is using the original roms on original hardware so the games play exactly like original because it is.

Also, you can see which games need which controls in this bad ass spreadsheet of the games

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0Vkt2VYgUQ4K_61LXv6UA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

under the Cab Type header.

And yeah I figured you didn't understand right away, that's why I was persistent with you... It took me a little while to grasp the concept myself.

But that's what this great forum is here for.

And trust me, once you load some of these games for the first time you will be blown away. I was and still am!

:D

Last edited:
Vewlix JAMMA kit is wired this way too... Buttons 4 & 5 both on the edge, with only 6 on its own connector.You can see it here going into my RECO, that among other fantastic features acts as a consolidator (puts 4 & 5 into a CPS2/3 style kicks).
UBNBnc4.jpg
@jassin000, question for you.

From the Sega I/O's CN connector at pin 13 & 14, for grounding SW 6, can you use the ground coming off the JAMMA harness to complete the circuit? Or do you have to use the ground coming off the CN connector to complete the circuit for SW 6?

Jamma gnd is probably fine as it should all be common ground. Check with a multimeter on ohms for continuity if you're worried.

I think you guys finally sold me on the netbooting with raspberry pi! I should have just listened from the beginning... Now I have to either return or resell my MvC2 cartridge once it arrives from Japan.

Hopefully I can find a good netdimm for sale and pick up a raspberry pi and LCD plate for a good price on black Friday.
You don't need the LCD screen for your Pi. You can simple use a mobile device like smart phone, tablet, or any other device to display and select the games. The device just needs to find the Pi3 wifi connection, afterwards just open a browser to see the games list. I have my current naomi setup using a Pi3 with built-in WIFI, SDcard for(games and PiForce Web installed), smart device (I use my phone or kid's tablet) with a browser and MOST important CROSSOVER ETHERNET CABLE (this connects from Pi3 to NETdimm via ethernet port). That is pretty much it.

1. Select the NOAMI as your wifi access point
    -Password will most likely be segarocks
  2. Once connected, your device will prompt you that "Internet is not available" which is correct.
  3. Open up chrome or any internet browser (I usually begin with a new tab)
  4. Type "ggs.com" into the address bar
  5. It will begin to display game artwork and titles to choice from
  6. Select your game
  7. BOOM. The setup will start the process of loading it from the Pi3 to the NETdimm
  8. Watch it do its magical work.
  9. Enjoy.

The best part of this setup is you just turn on your cabinet and load a game via your phone. You never have to open your cabinet again, unless for maintenance.
***Just remember some games need specific IO boards*** Also please keep im mind that my setup is a couple years old now and there could be a more up-to-date version of PiForce Web available with better UI design. Hope this helps you on your journey to AWESOME NAOMI-ness.

However, I am a huge fighting game fan and let me tell you that you should be fine.

Awesome! ∆∆∆∆

Thanks for breaking it all down @KOarcade

Your comments will be a huge help once I get all of the parts required.

I just recently placed an order for a raspberry pi 3, but I still need to find a good netdimm for sale.

Does it matter whether I buy the 256mb or 512mb version?

Thanks again everyone for all of the help. You all are GREAT and this forum is AWESOME!

Yeah I upgraded mine to 1 GB for like $15.

The cool thing is that when each game checks the RAM it only needs to check the ram it uses and not the whole 1 GB, so this will not affect loading times.

The cool thing is that when each game checks the RAM it only needs to check the ram it uses and not the whole 1 GB, so this will not affect loading times.
But it takes AGES to do the memory test in the menu if you have a whole 1GB.

But it takes AGES to do the memory test in the menu if you have a whole 1GB.
While this is true, that's what I would expect when in the memory test in the menu, so that's no big deal to me.

:D

I have never had issues with my five GD-ROM drives that have been in use for five days a week, every week, for over two years. They're nowhere near as unreliable as some people make them out to be.

Thumbs up for your current plan!
Yeah. GD-ROMs load once at startup and are never used again during that session. Considering they use the same drive as Dreamcasts and the thousands of hours I have on my DC, they seem pretty reliable to me.

I am afraid I can't share your enthousiasm.

We had 3 gdrom's in exploitation.
2 on an outrun II twin and one on a house of the dead III.

Two of them failed over time.
They were regulary cleaned and their blower was replaced when it stopped working.
So, it's not a total lack of maintenance.

Altough the netdimm batteries are good, so the games don't reload from gdrom every startup, they still throw up an error during operation when the gdrom starts to fail.

When they fail, occasionally, they still work, so I assume it's the laser on it's way out.

Altough the netdimm batteries are good, so the games don't reload from gdrom every startup, they still throw up an error during operation when the gdrom starts to fail.
Curious what error it was? When did it occur? I had an Error 21 - Game not acceptable by main board recently for no apparent reason after rebooting when the game froze.

I had an Error 21 - Game not acceptable by main board
I got this daily when using my CF kit+DIMM... As I said above, the DIMM solutions IMO are even less reliable than a CPS3 security cart.
Do you all recall the #1 complaint from arcade operators about the CPS3 hardware? Reliability!

Back