What's new

SwaggaJackin

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a launch CPS2 Multi with the (I guess) 1.0 firmware.

What do I need to get in order to upgrade the firmware? Anyone have a link of what I need to buy and instructions? Thanks.

Also can I upgrade straight to the latest firmware using the SWD port or do I need to go through versions in steps?

I have a launch CPS2 Multi with the (I guess) 1.0 firmware.

What do I need to get in order to upgrade the firmware? Anyone have a link of what I need to buy and instructions? Thanks.
Important Info About the CPS2 Multikit

That should give you the info for the update and HW required. I'm pretty sure you can just write the latest update without having to go through the previous versions in steps

I sent mine to Mits to update, but yea that's my understanding too @wigsplitta you can have the latest firmware on the SD card and trigger the update with the discovery board.

Maybe @Darksoft can clarify for us, but this is how I view/think of the firmware history...

1.0: Launch firmware, no auto reboot, no key writing, no SD update
2.0: First auto reboot release, no key writing, no SD update
2.1: Second auto reboot release, no key writing, can update from SD card
3.0: Current firmware, key writing, can update from SD card

Mine shipped with 1.0/launch, when I sent it to Mits to fix the audio crackle issue he also updated me to the first auto reboot firmware (2.0).

Last edited by a moderator:
You just need to use the discovery to update the bootloader then you can go straight to the newest version.

So basically:

1. Use discovery to update bootloader
2. Place update flash on root of sd card
3. Power on kit.
4. Enjoy added functionality

Any idea on when boards started shipping with the firmware that can be updated from the SD card?

Any idea on when boards started shipping with the firmware that can be updated from the SD card?
Easiest way to check is to try the upgrade, if it is successful the file flash.img will be erased. Here is some more info from @Mitsurugi-w:

When you put the flash.img file on the root of the sd card and power it up you will see the leds next to the ARM flash rapidly. When it is finished it will flash three times slowly.

Back